Can’t use VorpX with Bitdefender…

Homepage Forums Technical Support Can’t use VorpX with Bitdefender…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SK_SLO
    Participant

Because I still can not get VorpX to hook into games with Bitdefender beeing installed on the PC is there an option to get a refund?
    Nothing at all happens when starting a game… The game just launches as normal in 2d mode on the primary monitor.

Bought it today and had 0 luck in the last 2 hours to get it to work… And sorry I am not going to uninstall a crucial software like Bitdefender that’s been running on all my machines for a decade! I know it’s mainly an issue on Bitdefenders side but still I have no option left…

Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Disabling the so called ‘Advanced Threat Protection’ in your AV software should do the trick. Contrary to its name it rather unadvanced flatout blocks Windows functions that are used by programs like vorpX to hook into games.

BTW: Third party AV software isn’t really crucial on Windows 10. It’s built-in Defender is just as good wthout being as invasive as some third party AV programs.

SK_SLO
    Participant

Will try and report back…
    It is crucial in our environment.

But if it works that way its fine for me…

SK_SLO
    Participant

Can you provide a list of files I have to exclude from the BD Advance Thread Defense?

You can not exclude a folder that only works for the AV scanning.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Definitely vorpControl.exe and vorpControl64.dat. I’m not sure whether that will suffice though, might also be necessary to exlude the .exe files of the games you want to play. Probably safer to disable this feature entirely, it will cause problems with any program that hooks into games like vorpX. Whoever called this ‘advanced’ clearly has a sense for irony.

SK_SLO
    Participant

Disabling the Advance Thread Defense does nothing and a .dat file cannot be added to the exception list…

So I see no way how to get this working without uninstalling the AV.
    Don’t see any other options at the moment.

What I did:
    – disabled the Advanced Thread Defense.
    – disabled (temporary) Bitdefender Anitvirus Shield
    – added VorpX folder to exception in antivirus + .exe files (all)
    – added all .exe files to Advanced Thread Defense exceptions
    RESULT: same, games start without beeing hooked/detected…

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t have more suggestions than above, sorry. So far BitDefender users could always resolve their problems by disabling this feature. Please send a mail to support at vorpx com if you can’t resolve the problem.

BTW: I understand that you consider this AV software crucial for yourself, but given its invasiveness you might want to consider Windows Defender as an alternative. There really is not much of a reason for third party AV on Windows 10.

steph12
    Participant

bitdefender doesnt work with vorpx even if you disable it, uninstall completely and either use windows defender or something like avast.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!