Change controller mappings

Homepage Forums Technical Support Change controller mappings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel80
    Participant

Hello I have a Quest 2 headset and managed to fet vorpX to start games okay.
    But I can’t understand how to change the key mappings.

I’m trying to mimic how Warhammer Space Marine works with a gamepad. ( I’m using a xbox 360 gamepad on my PC)

I like to have it something like this https://i.imgur.com/y8ursNG.png
    xbox setup https://i.imgur.com/zLctRDM.png

I need a virtual keyboard inside VR or be able to do it from my PC without the headset on.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can use the Touch controllers either as X-Box gamepad or emulate mouse and keyboard with them, can be changed on the VR controller page of the vorpX menu. The kb/mouse mode is freely configurable.

There is one caveat in regard to the gamepad mode: some games can not handle mouse and gamepad input at the same time. So whenever vorpX emulates a mouse for headtracking, native gamepad emulation is not an optien due to the restriction imposed by affected games. To be on the safe side in this regard you can simply always use the controllers in keyboard/mouse emulation mode (should be the default). Use the gamepad mode only if the game in question doesn’t have a problem with simultaneous mause/gamepad input.

Daniel80
    Participant

I think you misunderstood me, I can use kb/mouse emulation that is fine. I guess haptic feedback isn’t enabled then but I can live without that to start with.

To change the keybindings in VR menu I need a physical keyboard? As in the picture I posted I want to remap all the keys then set them in the game.

I would like to have tool to change input settings and the Hand Controller Settings outside the VR. Like plan ahead before you star the game and in VR you fine tune the grafik other settings like that.

I like to move the edgepeek to pressing the stick for an example. I don’t want middle of a fight change anything or get any in game settings menu popup.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I see, did indeed misunderstand your original post. The ingame menu is the only way to remap VR controller buttons.

EdgePeek/vorpX menu are hardwired to the grip button. That is necessary to keep controller mappings interchangeable between the various VR controller types as good as possible. Everything else is freely configurable.

Daniel80
    Participant

A tool to make it outside would be nice or a virtual keyboard inside so you can easily map the keys. Removing the headseten to see what key you are pressing on a keyboard is tedious.

mstmorse
    Participant

That is really my only complaint as well. I have a hard time mapping due to having to remove headset to use the laptop PC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!