Changing settings while in windowed mode

Homepage Forums Technical Support Changing settings while in windowed mode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    morsify
    Participant

Am I being stupid here? (very probably, it won’t be the first time).

I am trying to tweak some games and get them working to my liking using vorpx.
    I set whatever game up in windowed mode as advised.
    But then, while in my headset, I press delete to bring up the menu. But meanwhile, outside the headset, I have no way of knowing where my mouse is moving and whether it is inadvertently deleting something from my desktop!

Is it really intended to be used this way? I am constantly trying to change settings with one eye, while the other eye peeks through a gap at my desktop to make sure nothing untoward is happening.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Most do, but some games don’t capure the mouse while running windowed. Add the resolutions in the “Custom Resolutions” section of the vorpX help to your PC. After doing so running games windowed isn’t really important anymore since then you can run games at resolutions higher than your monitor allows fullscreen.

General advice: do not tweak too much. Default settings typically are chosen carefully. In a lot of cases it’s easier to break everything than to improve anything by tweaking settings.

morsify
    Participant

Hi Ralph, thanks for answering but I am not understanding.

I have an ATI GPU and a monitor of 1920 x 1080. So surely I cannot use for example 1920 x 1440 or any resolution higher than my monitor unless I use windowed mode?

Ralf
    Keymaster

nVidia has options for that built into the driver, with an AMD/ATI card however it’s more complicated than it should be unfortunately. Someone posted the tutorial link below recently. It’s possible on AMD too but definitely more work than for nVidia:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/downsampling-with-amd-crimson-demonstration.404125/

morsify
    Participant

Thank you Ralph, I shall check that out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!