Chernobylite – any working profiles out there?!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Chernobylite – any working profiles out there?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    crichton13
    Participant

Hi fellow Vorpers, has anyone else managed to play Chernobylite using VorpX?

There is a video on YT which seems to show it working on a Rift-S using a Metro profile but I’ve tried them all with no luck.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Many thanks,

GP

dellrifter22
    Participant

I had mixed results in G3D with this game last month. I had to disable some lighting and visual effects, and had some issues with handheld weapons and items. I’ll upload what I have tomorrow if you want to try it, but don’t expect it to look quite as pretty as the trailers.

crichton13
    Participant

Many thanks Man!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Chernobylite (G3D) now added to the cloud.

-use a 16:9 resolution (1920×1080, 2560×1440)
    -set FOV to 112 in game
    -TAA on Ultra (other AA options not tested and may cause fuzz)
    -turn off Motion Blur and Depth of Field
    *use EdgePeek for radiation tool and cutscenes
    *vorpX Shadow Treatment will toggle global illumination if desired (off by default)
    *tested on HP reverb with mouse/keyboard

Due to some lighting and shadow issues I have chosen to turn off global illumination by default. The environments now look dark and gloomy like the Stalker games – more realistic imho. But if you demand sunshine, then you can toggle the vorpX Shadow Treatment from the Delete menu Image Settings page.

*optional setup for soft shadows that are less offensive in 3D:

Open Engine.ini found in C:\Users\(name)\AppData\Local\ChernobylGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

add these lines at the bottom:

[SystemSettings]
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=1.1
    r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=0.25
    r.Shadow.MaxResolution=16
    r.Shadow.FadeResolution=32
    r.Shadow.MinResolution=8
    r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.06
    r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel=0.06

crichton13
    Participant

Hey Man, I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such a comprehensive and detailed set of instructions.

Many thanks indeed!

I’ll have a play and see what happens…

GP

luka2099
    Participant

i tried this profile. I followed the instructions except editing the .ini file
    i have a problem in g3d there is like a shadow on the right eye, how can i remove it?

DADDYPANK
    Participant

I’ve tried this profile too and can confirm the game is not rendered in the right eye.. maybe a recent patch broke the profile? It’s looks like a great profile though if it worked.

dellrifter22
    Participant

@ DADDY: I tested more tonight in both OpenXR and SteamVR and things are behaving as normal. If by chance your are using an oculus hmd, try setting vorpX in SteamVR mode and see if that works.

@ luka: in some Unreal 4 games it is common to have a slight black tint on some surfaces when viewed at certain angles, which appears a different shade for each eye in stereo. I’m not sure if it can be solved, but it should not be always prominent. Switching between G3D/Z3D on the fly can sometimes cause similar effects, so avoid that.

I tested some more with shadows, and you should be safe to choose whichever Shadow Quality setting you prefer from medium to ultra. Contact Shadows should be set to off however, as I failed to mention above. Now things look better in sunlight.

Also, the AMD FSR setting seams to work fine for a little performance boost. You can experiment with that in the game’s Advanced Graphics settings. It works on my nvidia card, and for me Ultra Quality seemed a good compromise for 1440p.

DADDYPANK
    Participant

I’m using a HP G2, so VorpX is set to ‘OpenXR(WMR). I could try setting it to Steam and see if that works

DADDYPANK
    Participant

OK it was actually DLSS turned on which was causing the one eye issue. Turned it off and all good. Great profile!

luka2099
    Participant

I confirm that it was the dlss to create problems! however I prefer to play it with the dlss in z adaptive. the graphic quality in my opinion is better

Zel1984
    Participant

Got the game looking and performing really good on my system (6700xt, Rift S)

Game resolution set to 2560 x 1440 and FOV set to 120.

VorpX settings:

Full VR
    Image zoom – 0.80
    Geometry
    3D strength – 1.0
    Main eye – Right
    Camera height modifier – 0.00
    3D fov enhancement – 0.60
    Head tracking sensitivity – 0.18
    Clarity – medium
    Sharpen amount – 2.00
    G3D shadow treatment – auto
    Override xbox gamepad – partial

Very cool looking in VR (can be a little twitchy when trying to hold head/camera perfectly still but it’s not too bad)

Zel1984
    Participant

Wanted to add this to the post above but can’t so i’ll put it here.

The head/camera twitchy-ness can get annoying so when it becomes too unbearable for me i just turn headtracking off and use the gamepad to look around instead, not ideal for VR as it’s obviously better looking around using your own head but is still a very cool game to play in VR even using the pad to look around.

Destroy
    Participant

After the latest updates, can anyone confirm this still works in G3D? I’m getting one black eye with DLSS off. Both Z rendering modes work fine but its just not the same.

Destroy
    Participant

After the latest updates, can anyone confirm this still works in G3D? I’m getting one black eye with DLSS off. Both Z rendering modes work fine but its just not the same.

Can’t edit my previous post so I’ll quote myself….Revisiting this, turns out on GOG.com I need to use the command line switch of “-dx11” to force the game to DirectX11. Then G3D in the single cloud profile works properly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!