Cinema Mode Distortion Issue

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cinema Mode Distortion Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BadServo
    Participant

When using the only supported game I had on-hand, “The Vanishing of Ethan Carter”, Cinema Mode works as expected. However, when using any of the other games I had installed on my system, Cinema Mode displays in an extremely distorted fashion. The lounge itself is displayed in a tightly compressed vertical rectangle in my field of view that is difficult to look at. It’s as if the entire environment has been compressed to fill only 1/2 of each eye in the Rift.

Is this the expected behavior? Will only officially supported games be functional in the Cinema Mode? It was my hope that CM would be ideal for games that weren’t officially supported due to the lack of 3D depth or generally being unsuited for VR. Any insight is appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can you post a screenshot? Without seeing it this sounds like a resolution issue. Everything not 1920×1080 may lead to a distorted view on the DK2.

Virtual Cinema Mode works with everything that vorpX can hook into (most DX9-DX11 games). Supported games are in 3D, unsupported in 2D.

BadServo
    Participant

Turns out that it was in fact a resolution issue. When I fired up the games tonight without VorpX running, they were rendering at 1024×768. They were configured for 1920×1080 before my VorpX 8 testing yesterday, so I can only assume that the Rift Init crash error I expirienced (referenced in another thread) caused the games to revert for some reason.

Either way, it appears to be working now. My apologies for having wasted your time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad this is solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!