Cinema Mode while laying down

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Cinema Mode while laying down

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    billyisms
    Participant

I have found it far more comfortable to play games for long periods of time while laying down. Will there be an option to tilt the screen back to watch it at an angle?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like something worth to consider for cinema mode. No promises though.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Billy, I’ve not tried playing laying down yet, but one thing you could try is play in fullVR mode and switch to edge peek by pressing middle mouse button.

I believe this will look something similar to cinema mode and might zoom out from whatever angle you are viewing. Maybe worth trying.

you can adjust the distance of the edge peek screen and enable/disable 3D in the vorpx in-game menu if you arrow through the pages. Might need to enable expert settings first, can’t remember.

billyisms
    Participant

Thanks dellrifter. I forgot edge peak works like that. I’ll try out a few games to see how well it works.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Disregard. Sorry. I was able to test for myself just now and edge peek did not behave the way I said it might. Again, never tried laying down before.

It’s not as ideal, but you can still use FullVR mode and zoom it out to a comfortable distance. Lettrbox 2 perhaps. This way it will stay in view.

haints
    Participant

If you have some sort of disability, then I understand, and please disregard my comment, but otherwise–how is merely siting up too tiring for you?

billyisms
    Participant

I don’t play completely laying down. I rest my neck on a pillow and find it far more comfortable to play for long periods of time. I can relax and fall asleep watching movies or playing a relaxing game if my neck has support.

billyisms
    Participant

I also use my tablet with emulators like this. I have a stand for my tablet which holds it above my head so I can lay down on the couch and play games. People need to realize the importance of having screens in the right position is only going to get more and more important in the future. I’m older already, so I reach my limits faster than the younger crowd.

LucasJodokast
    Participant

can you angle the screen so it is flat? playing an RTS like C&C flat on your coffee table would be dope

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!