COD ADVANCED WARFARE

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings COD ADVANCED WARFARE

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ozmodion
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased VorpX and wanted to try out COD AW but for the love of me I am unable to get the game loaded whilst VorpX is running.

I have tried all sorts of hits and tips found on the net but to no avail. The game does not even get to any sort of menu, it crashes about 2 seconds into the loading sequence. If I turn off vorpX the game works fine (in 2D).

any help would be welcome as I am starting to think that I just threw £30 down the toilet.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In the worst case this may be an issue with the latest vorpX update that was released a few days ago. There were quite a few changes to the DX11 part of vorpX, so I can’t rule that out.

I’ll let you know tomorrow whether the issue is replicable here.

Ozmodion
    Participant

thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, couldn’t replicate your crash issue, menues and movies etc. displayed fine here (tested with the single player .exe). There was another problem though that lead to a black screen once the game itself started. Please use your web installer to get an updated vorpX version with a hotfix for that.

Regarding your crash, I’m not sure what may cause it though. Please make sure to set the game to 1920×1080 before launching it with vorpX. Maybe the game tries to initialize a display mode that the Rift cannot display and then crashes.

Simply starting the game from Steam should work without issues.

Ozmodion
    Participant

I am running vorpx 0.8.0 which I assume is the most up to date version.

I am also running the most up to date COD with the HAVOC map pack, maybe vorpx isn’t compatible with this new map pack yet.

I still am unable to get the game running whilst vorpx is running so it must be vorpx that’s causing the issue.

it doesn’t matter what I put into Google I cannot find any settings to adjust to make sure I have everything set-up. I have the rift in extended mode and up and running as main display.

please help this game is why I bought this program.

also is there a list of game set-ups you need to do to start any game? I also use vierio perception and as little games they support at least they give you a set-up guide for their supported games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please still reinstall. The hotfix I mentioned is required, it was made today.

Did you follow the hint given above about the game resolution?

Also please try the “compatible” setup mentioned in DK2 Setup Guide (DK2 as primary display). Make sure to follow all steps.

You don’t have to anything special to get this game working normally. Only important thing is to handle FOV. In this case you will have to use one of the letterbox AR modes or Virtual Cinema Mode.

If that does not help, send a mail to support |at| vorpx com for trouble shooting.

Ozmodion
    Participant

im sorry im being a mong today but i cant find where to download the updated “lets call it 0.8.01

Ralf
    Keymaster

SImply use your web installer like mentioned above. It fetches the correct version from the server.

Ozmodion
    Participant

thank you got it working, but after all that I’m quite disappointed with the 3D effects of it. The depth is very flat. but maybe i have been spoilt by playing games like Alien Isolation and Elite Dangerous.

Then again Metro 2033 looks great with lots of depth.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game is Z-Buffer 3D only which always looks flatter. The upside is that it’s a lot faster, which also is important in the Rift.

Currently Geometry (“true”) 3D for DX11 in vorpX isn’t as mature as for DX9, so less DX11 games have G3D. Improving this will be a focus in the next months, so with a bit of luck newer COD games, which are DX11 only, will also get Geometry 3D. No promises though!

Ozmodion
    Participant

that, my friend is good news.

thx for the help.

Evilsergi
    Participant

Ralph hello! my COD AW 3D does not work only in 2D with my Htc lives, and previously with the DK2 did work perfectly in 3D. Can you help me please? Thank you!

zafrius
    Participant

So does this game work in true 3D?

zafrius
    Participant

Simply put. NO. GTA5 REAL mod works in Direct X 11, so why advertise that it is true 3D in all these games. I am willing to pay more money, if that is what this is all about.Thank you for what VORPX does, but it could be so much better with more time investment. I would pay a monthly fee if you had a team on this.
    I am very happy with my purchase.

I just want more. Give me Give me Give me. <3

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!