CoD WW2 has an official profile? No 3D?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings CoD WW2 has an official profile? No 3D?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ducht
    Participant

So the game does have an official profile? It hooks and it runs great but there is no 3d for me… i am running the steam version…

thomas3d
    Participant

Doesn’t work with Vorpx either … no G3D and no Z3D …
    Then I tried Reshade Depth3D … with that I had a good Z3D with some depth …
    Maybe someone will find a working Vorpx profile …?!

Ducht
    Participant

Hmm I did see someone mention here that this CoD was a great experience in vorpx so I thought maybe it broke with an update…

dellrifter22
    Participant

It did have Z3D at one point, but I suspect a game update may have broken it.
    I checked my experimental profile last month and noticed parts of the 3D shaders had changed or were now broken.
    It’s locked as an official profile, so we would need Ralf to take a quick look.
    I would like to try the new Vanguard and Modern Warfare CoDs, but they are too much money to risk not having any Z3D profile that works, as the current dx12 profiles are so few.

Ducht
    Participant

Alright then here’s hoping Ralf has a quick fix!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Updated profile available in the cloud.

While I was at it I also added a scalable HUD and some instructions. Make sure to check them in the top/left corner of the game window. After following the instructions (just setting up FOV and resolution) everything should work right in FullVR mode.

Caveat 1: If you already saved settings for the profile before, make sure to reset the profile to default after importing. Otherwise your saved settings override some new optimized defaults.

Caveat 2: Please consider the profile semi official. Was never added to the supported games list since head tracking can cause a bit of image jitter for some reason. Still playable.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Are you sure you uploaded the new profile to the cloud? I’ve imported twice now, resetting to default, and still no luck with Z3D. There is also no HUD sliders present in the vorpX menu.

I enabled vorpX hints and notifications, but I see no instructions. Is there a specific game setting or resolution I need?

I’ve tested all AA types, fullscreen/windowed, but no 3D.

thomas3d
    Participant

I can confirm … still no Z3D !!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

My bad, sorry for the confusion. Should work now.

The changes were made with my latest dev build originally, which uses a higher profile version number than the current release build. Hence you couldn’t grab the updated profile from the cloud and instead just redownloaded the one you already had…

Re-created and re-upped with the right profile version number for the current release build now. Note that the scaled HUD that I mentioned above doesn’t work. That’s a bug. Will have to wait until the next vorpX update.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Thanks, it’s working now.

I found that some Shadow Depth game setting needs to be on Normal, otherwise the Z3D will get confused and change when looking in certain directions.

Ducht
    Participant

Awesome! With shadow depth on normal it’s working indeed! I even played a match online… don’t know if that’s risky for this game but had to try it! How could anyone play games on a tiny monitor anymore…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the hint.

I tweaked the depth buffer heuristics a bit. As far as I can tell it should work now regardless of the shadow resolution.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!