[College] Unreal engine 2 + vorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support [College] Unreal engine 2 + vorpX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marcommaso
    Participant

Hello everyone, i’m a college student from Italy and since 1 year i’m partecipating to a medical research about treatments through virtual reality. The virtual enviroments we use are developed a lot time ago by a San Diego studio using Unreal Engine 2. We have new enviroments in developing by UE4, finally with native VR supporting, but in meantime wanna start a new trial using the old UE2 enviroments with an Oculus Rift DK2.

So we bought vorpX and tried it successfully with Fallout 4, but the UE2 didn’t work; the enviroment start normally, but vorpX didn’t hook it. I tried to optimize settings for Thief Gold, which use the same engine, but vorpX didn’t recognize the path of the folder of the UE2. And that’s all.

There’s hope to make it run? I’ll attach a screen of the installation folder of enviroments if @Ralf or someone of you could find some useful hints. Thanks all guys!

[/url]

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX only supports DX9/10/11 and older OpenGL. I’m not 100% sure, but UE2 probably uses an older DirectX version that vorpX cannot handle.

RJK_
    Participant

Interesting that Unreal 2 works with 3D Vision. May be the Engine has either DX8,1 which seems to be a half DX 9, or its recognized as DX9 by 3D Vision or 3D Vison supports DX 8,1 period. Even the web says UN2 is DX8.0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!