Conan Exiles – ON SALE BUT NOT WORKING

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Conan Exiles – ON SALE BUT NOT WORKING

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Hoping someone can help me today or tomorrow! Its 50% off, and I really want to play this one, but for some reason the game just sits at the loading screen within the game if VorpX is running. Without, it works just fine.
    You can choose to continue your game, but it just sits there and loads forever. I don’t have the battle eye anti-cheat installed that comes with the game, as I figured that would just interfere.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS before the sale ends?

Ralf
    Keymaster

IIRC Steam lets you select whether you want to play with or without anti-cheat. You will have to select the latter option.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Ralf,
    Right, as mentioned, I didn’t use the battle eye software. It asks every time you load the game if you want to install it.
    Not having it installed gets you into the game, but never lets you load a save.

(I also tried installing it and trying that, but that won’t even let you attach vorpX.)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Doesn’t Steam show a prompt with two launch options? I could swear it did last time I tried the game. Installing BattleEye should be no problem, unless something has changed since I checked last time you would just have to select the Non-BattleEye option in the Steam startup-prompt.

dborosev
    Participant

Yes it shows the prompt when running from steam. But even if you choose non battle eye, it does the same thing. Hangs at savegame loading screen. Seems like there is something about VorpX it doesn’t like, independent of BE.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe it just takes a little longer? Also please try to start a new game, just in case that makes a difference. Let me know if you continue to have problems and I’ll check the game next week. Now is Saturday night for me as well though.

dborosev
    Participant

I let it sit for 5-10 minutes several times. New game doesn’t work either.

Thanks!

dborosev
    Participant

Get a chance to try this one?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll check the game next week. Don’t have it installed currently.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are using an Oculus headset, please switch to SteamVR like suggested by the message shown in the headset when you launch the game in Oculus mode (‘If the games hangs at loading the game world, try to set vorpX to ‘SteamVR’ in the config app.’).

Had forgotten about that myself, but following my own advice did the trick. ;) I’ll add the message to the one shown in the top left corner of the game window instead of only showing it in the headset, just in case.

If you still encounter this issue after switching to SteamVR, let me know. Normally that should fix it.

dborosev
    Participant

That did the trick! Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!