Configurable keyboard shortcuts a possibility in the future?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Configurable keyboard shortcuts a possibility in the future?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Zarkov
    Participant

I’ve been loving Vorpx thus far, got seriously into the game and had a serious feeling of vertigo when I fell of a mountain in Skyrim. Seems to work fine with most games I’ve tried. I do have one request and that’s user configurable in-game hot keys. I don’t like the middle mouse mouse button for edge peak. Edge peak itself is a kick ass feature. I would just rather use a keyboard button to active it.

Delphi
    Participant

I second that, customizeable keys would be a real help, especially for games like Skyrim, Fallout etc., which have dozens of keys to map actions to. There I usually use the middle mouse button for other things, and it´s really hard to change a setup, which you have come accustomed to over years.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This will happen. Internally it is already configurable, but it’s not exposed to the menu system, which isn’t a problem.

The idea was to keep things simple, but you (and some others who wanted that) won. :) Will make it’s way into one of the next releases.

Delphi
    Participant

Thats great news, nice to hear that you are already planing to implement this. Thanks a lot :)

museumsteve
    Participant

I’d like to be able to map edge peek to a controller button. My wireless KB doesn’t have a centre mouse button fr starters :D and as I’m only really into racing I have spare buttons on my wheel :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Steve : That is already possible. Just checkout the controller mapping mapping page in the in-game menu, you can then map the middle-mouse button to any gamepad button, inkl SHIFT/ALT Modifiers (XBox 360 Pad needed). I usually use the Thumbstick buttons for EdgePeek/VR-Hotkeys . That might even be pre-configured.

Make sure that “Handle Gamepads internally” is ON for this to work

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just saw, you meant a wheel, sorry.

museumsteve
    Participant

I’ll have a look :)

Jimmyl
    Participant

Ralf

Is there any way to map the edge peek to a (360) controller button without setting ‘Handle gamepads internally’ to on as turning that on makes the view spin out uncontrollably in Fallout 3 for me.

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately that’s not possible. But your Fallout 3 problem can be solved. You have to disable the gamepad in Fallouts game options, and then use ‘Handle gamepads internally’. That should do the trick.

Unfortunately the current vorpX version has a bug that prevents you from remapping the gamepad buttons. That will be solved with the first update in a few days.

Hope that helps.

Jimmyl
    Participant

Great, thanks. Looking forward to that update.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!