Configuring a steam controller in VorpX games?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Configuring a steam controller in VorpX games?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Congo1986
    Participant

So, I am LOVING vorpX, and I guess I am one of the lucky few almost completely immune to VR sickness. Anyways, I was trying to configure my steam controller, so I can use it properly standing up with 360 rotation with my Vive. I wanted to disable artificial up and down look, and just use my head. What I’ve found so far, is there is absolutely no way to configure the steam controller while using vorpX. I can make a profile before using vorpX, and then exit out, and start it with vorpX… But when I tried it the controls were all messed up from the custom map that I had made. This is a very very laborious process of exiting vorpX, starting game, exiting game, starting vorpX, starting game, ect ect ect. Does anyone know how to either configure the steam controller while in a vorpX game, or disable artificial up/down look?

Congo1986
    Participant

Also, since I am doing 360 degrees, I have another question. When I hit edge view key, the screen shows up from my original seated position, but I might be standing facing another direction. And also, can I adjust the scaling of the edge view screen separately from game screen? If I’m all the way zoomed out on the game screen, edge view is kinda small. Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Your best bet would probably be to configure the Steam controller as a standard XBox controller and then do any custom adjustments with vorpX’s gamepad emulation. That can be configured directly ingame in the vorpX menu. It also allows to adjust right stick Y sensitivity independently.

Edgepeek size/distance can be adjusted in the vorpX ingame menu if you enable expert settings in the config app.

The position can be recentered with [ALT][SPACE] (changable in the config app). To do this standing without the keyboard you would have to map that hotkey to your gamepad.

Congo1986
    Participant

Ralf, your awesome man! You answered every one of my questions! I honestly didn’t even think there was a solution to them. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!