Could not initialize rift error

Homepage Forums Technical Support Could not initialize rift error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jasonhoward64
    Participant

System specs

i5 2500k
    GTX970
    16GB ram

I’ve been able to run native VR content at high settings with my system.

I’m running the latest version of vorpx (16.2.0), latest oculus home (1.3.2), and latest Nvidia video card drivers as of tonight.

1. When I try to start GTA V, I get the following error message
    “Could not initialize your Oculus Rift”

2. When I attempt to start a game in virtual desktop, rather than loading the game on the virtual screen (which I am able to see), Vorpx tries to display the game in full screen on my headset, at which point, I get the “Could not initialize your Oculus Rift” error.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jasonhoward64
    Participant

figured out that you have to add the gta5.exe to the list of excluded programs. Issue 2 solved.

jasonhoward64
    Participant

also, you have to start Oculus Home before starting GTAV. This seems to fix #1.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please do not use vorpX and any other program that may also hook into games at the same time. I would highly recommend to start games from your normal Windows desktop. Adding GTA5.exe to the excluded games list is not a good idea, I’m surprised it’s working at all after doing that.

jasonhoward64
    Participant

adding the exe to the excluded list only allowed me to play the game in virtual theatre. With it added, I couldn’t play it in proper vr, per se

Ralf
    Keymaster

You didn’t say what headset you are using, so just in case: DK2 owners with multiple runtimes installed sometimes can experience the symptoms you describe.

So in case you use a DK2 and are using a runtime switcher, please uninstall all beta runtimes that may still be present on your system, remove the runtime switcher and reboot your PC. Then let Oculus Home repair itself afterwards if it has something to complain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!