Couple questions about settings

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Couple questions about settings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Hi Ralf, i have a couple of questions about settings.

1) How can i change the sensitivity of the thumbsticks in gamepad emulation mode, so that the camera doesn’t turn so fast? I tried partial override option, but then the stick stops working. (Witcher 2)

2) Testing Crysis in Z3D, i set the resolution in VorpX ingame-menu to 2400p. It looks detailed enough, but the scale is off – everything around me looks too big. How can i fix this?

3) Is there a documentation about the settings in the VorpX ingame-menu? There’s so much settings (which i love), but almost half of them are cryptic to me. And that’s the reason i have to ask here. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

1. The gamepad sensitiviy settings are on the input page of the ingame menu.

2. Use ‘Z3D Normal’ and try different 3D-Strength values. Z3D however will not give you a 100% correct scale impression usually due to the way it works. Only G3D works like 3D works in reality. Your brain will adapt though.

3. Just in case you missed it: there is a tooltip shown on the bottom of the settings window for most settings.

A little warning: Don’t tweak too much. There are so many settings that it’s fairly easy to break something. Take any potential warnings VERY seriously that may get shown when you change some some settings. If in doubt you can restore profile defaults in the config app.

jjensson
    Participant

The input page is missing many entries that i know from other profiles:

View post on imgur.com

As i wrote above, i used the “override” setting, but then my right thumbstick stopped responding completely.

What am i doing wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The sensitivity settings only are visible with ‘Gamepad Override’ on since they don’t have any effect otherwise. If you use a game’s native gamepad mode, change the sensitivity in the game.

Just in case: settings on this page are related to actual gamepads. If you are playing with VR controllers, the sensitivity settings to use are the ones on the vr controller page in the menu.

BTW: Might be unrelated to the Witcher 1, but important: whenever you encounter a profile where ‘Gamepad Override’ is set to anything else than off per default, do not change it. There always is a reason for the gamepad override being enabled. Usually such games don’t allow gamepad and mouse to be used together. At least for official profiles leave the override at the default value. Unless I made a mistake (not totally impossible of course) the default is always the best value.

jjensson
    Participant

Oh, i failed to mention that i’m using the Oculus Touch controllers, sorry. And this is The Witcher 2 BTW.

But on the Oculus Touch page there are only 6 settings, and none of them controls the sensitivity of the thumbsticks. I just found out that here i can switch to from Gamepad to Kbd, and then i can adjust the sensitivity of the sticks. The issue is that in this case i’m losing the different moving speeds on the left stick, because i’m in Kbd mode, and this is binary (run or stop).

Is there a way around this? Any way to adjust the stick sensitivity of Touch controllers in gamepad mode?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you use the VR controllers in gamepad mode, change the gamepad sensitivity in the game just like you would do with an actual gamepad.

Sensitivity settings in vorpX only are used (make sense) when vorpX emulates a mouse since in that case changing the mouse sensitivity in the game may affect head tracking, so it’s better to have a dedicated setting in vorpX here.

If you have further questions, no more answers until tomorrow, sorry. I’ll be offline for the meager rest of my Sunday.

jjensson
    Participant

No prob, Ralf, and thanks for the help! Enjoy your free time.

Witcher 2 has no sensitivity settings for the sticks in-game. I’ll try to find some INI tweaks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!