Crackling Audio with Vorpx + ME Andromeda

Homepage Forums Technical Support Crackling Audio with Vorpx + ME Andromeda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

Hey guys,

So i saw the thread about the first person mass effect Andromeda mod and decided it would be fun to try – but the vorpx profile is breaking the sound not just in the game, but my entire computer. Ive launched the game multiple times without Vorpx – no sound problems… I hook vorpx in and the audio is crackling and even after i CLOSE vorpx and ME Andromeda my audio is still crackling.

Ive already done a full uninstall/reinstall of all my audio drivers to try to fix this so theyre as fresh as they can be… but yeah, its weird – it starts when i launch vorpx + Andromeda… but even after closing both, the crackling audio keeps going in apps like spotify or on youtube.

does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Thanks for any help

and just fyi – the modder put up his new FPS mod on nexus earlier, so its back up and ready to play

Edit: I actually just tried closing vorpx from the tab bar and then the audio problems went away.. so killing vorpx entirely after launching ME:A fixes the audio for the overall pc. i was mistaken.. but i still need a way to make it work in game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I had some issue with crackling audio with the Rift S a while ago which could be resolved by reducing its volume below 100% and restarting Windows.

If that doesn’t help and you suspect vorpX’s audio switching causes your problem, try to uncheck ‘Use built-in audio device’ in the vorpX config app. With this option disabled vorpX doesn’t touch anything audio related anymore.

TheBalt
    Participant

Thanks so much for the suggestion, ill be trying those out immediately. I appreciate your work, thanks so much for it, keep it up! Brought entire games to life in a way no one else managed to do on such a wide scale, good work dude. I tell everyone the 40 bucks for vorpx is totally worth it if theyre getting a headset, so i am rooting for ya lol.

thanks again, take care

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!