Crash w- black screen & 100% fanspeed

Homepage Forums Technical Support Crash w- black screen & 100% fanspeed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

A strange issue started after 1-2 weeks of playing The Witcher in VorpX. I was fighting necrophages in the cemetery in Vizima and suddenly the RiftS screen became black (with sound still going). At the same time i heard the fans of the graphics card spinning up to 100%. My desktop monitor was off (no signal from the card), but the PC and my LED keyboard were still on. I had to shut down the PC, to get it under control again.

I had this issue many times since, and it happens unpredictably (sometimes after 5min, sometimes after more than an hour of playing, etc). I’m trying to figure out if it’s a hardware problem or a software problem. Thing is, i haven’t changed anything hardware-wise all this time, and the playing setup is quite complex with all the software running.

What i gathered after a week of testing:
    – it does not happen when playing the game on my desktop monitor
    – it’s not a thermal issue (max is 68°C) – when playing with VorpX, the fans hardly speed up
    – it’s not the graphics driver (i tested 3 releases)
    – it can’t be a faulty graphics card, i did some torture tests without issue

I’m hoping that someone has maybe an idea what these symptoms could mean. Any little help could nudge me in the right troubleshooting direction.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!