Crysis 3 black screen in Vorpx 17.3.0. / Win 10 / AMD 290 /DK2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Crysis 3 black screen in Vorpx 17.3.0. / Win 10 / AMD 290 /DK2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bluepill
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Good job on Vorpx 17.3.0!
    Works very nicely with Mass Effect Andromeda. (framerate is ~50 FPS with my R9 290, so I am still tweaking a bit to get it higher – already disabled Vsync)

I just freshly installed Crysis 3 from Origin to try out this game in VR on my Oculus DK2.
    I started a new game in recruit mode and skipped the training. (I am more a person for training on the job I guess:)
    Seems Vorpx is correctly attaching to Crysis 3. Intro scenes are running fine in VR

But after the intro clip of helicopter flying to the dome, all I see is blackness in my headset and on my PC screen. I guess this is the point were the game really starts in 3D. I DO hear voices/action, so the game IS running.

I also added the custom resolution 1440 x 1080 in the AMD control panel, but that did not help. So I removed it again.

Also I seem to loose the mouse cursor repeatedly in Crysis 3 (in the menu structure of the game)
    But maybe that is caused by the wired Xbox 360 gamepad I have connected. Its not the main issue, but maybe its related.

I’m running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro with fairly recent AMD driver 17.11.1 (most stable one now for me)
    I already emailed you the trouble shoot zipfile with all detail data.

Additional info that is missing in the troubleshoot zip files:
    I use RIFT software 1.20. (Not using the Core 2.0 beta, too unstable)

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
    Bluepill

Ralf
    Keymaster

Again nothing really useful in the log files unfortunately. Your graphics card might be a factor here too. Try switching to Z3D and check whether that helps. G3D would overstrain your GPU anyway unless you can cope with framerates <30fps.

BTW: Leave the 1440x1080 custom res in the control panel, it's probably the best resolution you can get for vorpX on your system.

bluepill
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

good news, Crysis 3 now works for me in Vorpx 17.3.0

I found out – sort of – by accident:
    Origin suddenly would not start and showed this error:
    “Origin.exe – System Error: the program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

To solve this, I had to install VC redist 2015 I found on some forum posts.
    But 2015 refused to install because the *nice* Win 10 unstoppable auto update feature already installed VC redist 2017. (a newer version…)

So, to fix Origin I had to uninstall VC Redist 2017 x86/x64 and replace it with VC redist 2015 x86/x64.

Now Origin starts again, but Crysis 3 is also working fully in vorpx 17.3.0
    (I had to use Z-buffer 3D though, because Geometry 3D caused artifacts in gun and character textures)

Maybe this could help out some other folks.

PS: Very nice experience in Crysis 3, almost Native VR game feel!

Bluepill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!