Curious Technical question

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Curious Technical question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

I’ve noticed when I follow guides on YouTube to configure a specific game for FullVT, that copying their exact vorpx in-game settings (image zoom #, enhanced FOV #, etc…) the image I get is always off, and requires eye-ball tweaking until the image looks good, but the numbers don’t match at all. It’s not hard to do, so it’s not a big deal, but I’m just curious what could be causing the different results with the same settings. I’m pretty sure I’m using the same screen ratio and resolution, as well as the same game profile. So why don’t the exact numbers translate? What differentiating factors could be making the difference?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The way vorpX handles the interaction between game FOV, ImageZoom and other relevant settings is designed to ensure the same values always produce the same result regardless of the headset used. That’s one of those basics where I’m more than 100% certain that they work as they are supposed to, absolutely zero chance that there is anything wrong in that regard.

I can only assume that either the values you got from the YouTube video or your eyeballing corrections aren’t entirely precise, impossible to say for me which one.

Eola667
    Participant

The only three things I’ve seen change how the image looks with the same settings are either physical headset adjustments (being closer/further from the actual headset screen via mechanical means which can change perception along with FOV), resolution which changes VorpX screen aspect ratio though you’ve already pointed it out (not sure if Nvidia scaling for example can affect the VorpX screen dimensions, but I’ve got it switched off just in case). And then finally your own eyes when it comes to things like 3D strength, how comfortable people are with different 3D strengths can vary from person to person from what I could gather, sometimes for me the correct 3D strength even varies between playthroughs, although very, very slightly. Edit: keep in mind though, the variance in perceived correct 3D strength per playthrough/person isn’t caused by VorpX, but by how the eyes/brain percieve all this in the first place.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!