Current state of VR

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Current state of VR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moadepth
    Participant

Hello fellow Vr homies,
    just want to drop a few words out of VR Weltschmerz.
    I’m a owner of a HP G2 HMD therefore I’m a bit bound to WMR and Steam.
    And I dont know were to start with …
    it’s just everytime I find the time to invest some time into VR (~once in a week),
    there is a problem takes maybe an hour to fix but the fun is gone.
    Good thing VorpX holds it up most of the time ;) doing itz job, thanks to I have now 22 3d Blurays, and a lot of older classic Games i can play in 3d.
    But WMR,STEAM,HP its a bit unholy imo.

fubar
    Participant

If you bought it a long time ago you have an old faulty cable and that’s where most problems come from. You can have that replaced if you contact support.

ToxicMike
    Participant

3D-Blu-Rays…hmmmm. Didn´t they say “3D is dead!”?

I am aware they still sell it in theaters, but as for now it looks like it is really dead when it comes to home entertainment, there are also lots of consumers review bombing blu-rays on amazon when they´re not released in 3D, guess those guys aren´t even aware they sit on abandoned hardware with dead 3d-blu-rays.

Somehow i hope, now with VR and especially apps like vorpX, they would re-animate 3D for (vr) home entertainment again some day.

jjensson
    Participant

Somehow i hope, now with VR and especially apps like vorpX, they would re-animate 3D for (vr) home entertainment again some day.

That’s my hope as well.

senoctar
    Participant

Native VR isn’t that finnicky. There was a bit of a rough start for some headsets, but now it’s mostly smooth sailing.

I believe we see things differently on this forum. There were a couple more threads on this topic, but we see the potential of VR headsets to be much more than swinging your hands around in some low-budget VR experience. We see that they could bring into VR much of “classic” gaming, movies and working. But the industry at large doesn’t see that. There is a lot of effort needed for a smooth experience and the industry is only focusing on native.

Maybe that could change if some of the light-weight headsets like the Vive Flow are adopted. These are more focused on media, replacing your monitor with something more immersive. Maybe there will be a realization that these could improve on the movie watching and gaming experience.

Time will tell. All we can do is share our experiences and recommend content creators in this space.

jjensson
    Participant

but we see the potential of VR headsets to be much more than swinging your hands around in some low-budget VR experience.

Well spoken. You can’t imagine how much i agree with you, having felt like that for the past 4 years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!