Custom local profiles lost after update

Homepage Forums Technical Support Custom local profiles lost after update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mazzle
    Participant

For some reason, all of my custom profiles have disappeared. I think it happened after I got a vorpx update to 21.2.1. (I played nba 2k21 in vorpx yesterday, so they were still there then. But today, I launched it to no 3d effect and then found that it no longer had a profile.) My exclude list is still fine, so I didn’t seem to lose settings. Has anyone else experienced this with their profiles after the update? Are the custom profiles stored in a directory somewhere?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There seems to be an unfortunate bug since ages that I just can’t wrap my head around. The bug occasionally makes the profile database update fail for unknown reasons, resulting in a reset of all custom profiles and settings. There are already a bunch of safety measures in place during the database update, but apparently there is still some issue that I can’t replicate here.

If you have profiles/settings that you spent a lot of time on, please upload them to the cloud, so you can redownload them later in case something goes wrong. Would be great anyway since that way others could also try them. If you don’t want to upload them to the cloud, you can alternatively make local backups in the config app, either with the ‘Export to file’ button or via drag/drop to the desktop.

Mazzle
    Participant

I can understand. Hard to fix a bug that you can’t easily replicate. Anyway, it’s nothing I can’t recreate. Thanks for the explanation, Ralf.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked this again today, there were too many reports of issues like this recently for the (very rare) bug I had in mind when I answered above, so I thought it might be worth a closer look.

Turns out that currently some parts of profiles that I added recently aren’t handled at all when updating the database, i.e. not all settings in a profile are transferred correctly during the process. Will fix that for the next release.

Unless you actually encountered the odd bug I had mind originally, things should work again as intended beginning with the next update. Just in case it still makes sense to make a backup of important profiles as described above. That works correctly regadless of the database update issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!