Custom Resolution: 1280×1024 "Not Compatible" (AMD)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Custom Resolution: 1280×1024 "Not Compatible" (AMD)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Everybody
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to get things optimized for playing skyrim in VR. On of the most critical steps I hear for most any game optimization is using the 1280×1024 custom resolution so you don’t need advanced FOV fixes and the graphics cards aren’t wasting mega power.

Unfortunately when I try to add the custom resolution to my main display using AMD Radeon Settings I get the following probably well known error:

“The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display. Reconfigure your settings and try again.”

Any ideas on how to make it work? Thanks in advance!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Isn’t that resolution already available on your card? 1280×1024 is a rather common resolution, at least it was before the arrival of widescreen monitors. One would think that every graphics driver still has it per default. If not, a 4:3 res like 1280×960 would also do. Has a few pixels less vertically, but mostly would still look acceptable.

If you don’t loose too many FPS by that for a given game try 1600×1200, which (obviously) looks a good chunk better than the 1280 resolutions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!