Custom resolution setting – what to do??

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Custom resolution setting – what to do??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frammelpie
    Participant

Hey all, wondering something:

I’m trying to play Portal 2. It’s apparently good out-of-the-box. I have a Valve Index and I’ve picked that headset as the default, so vorpX knows that’s what I’m using – but the FOV seems wildly off, and it just doesn’t look good at all. I’m wondering if I need to set the custom resolution.

Here’s my question, since I’m setting it globally (apparently), should it be set to my MONITOR’S resolution and refresh rate which is 1080p at 60hz (tv), or the HELMET’S resolution at 1440×1600, and 144hz refresh? Maybe doing this will make it look better, this is the first time I’ve tried the driver to get a non-native VR game to work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please follow the hints in the top left corner of the game window that are shown when you start the game. You have to set a 4:3 resolution for Source engine games (e.g. 1600×1200) and also might have to run the DirectVR memory scanner once in the actual game (not in the menu) if it hasn’t been already run once for the current game version.

Whenever vorpX has important suggestions, you see them in the top left corner of the game window and also as notifications in the headset.

More general: 4:3 resolutions are typically a good choice if vorpX doesn’t set the resoution automatically.

Frammelpie
    Participant

Ok great thanks, I did see something like that come up but only at the tail-end of putting the headset on, it was in the middle of fading out as I did so so I didn’t fully see what it said. I’ll give that a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!