Custom settings not saving

Homepage Forums Technical Support Custom settings not saving

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SpynalTom
    Participant

I have a few games that do not seem to save my settings once I click “Save and Close”. They work fine for that session but the next time I load the game sup they are back to defaults. I have tried starting VorpX as admin and regular with the same results. Any ideas?

timothyb89
    Participant

I’m also having this issue, at least with Fallout: New Vegas. It’s a bummer, since it makes the VR hotkeys and other features inconvenient to the point of being useless.

In my case it does seem to save settings sometimes, but they’re consistently lost when I reboot as well as occasionally (but not always) between game restarts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No luck to recreate this issue yet, sorry. There have been some major changes to the way settings are stored recently though (now based on a database), might be related to that.

Could you please create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app after this issue occured and send it to support |at| vorpx com? Unfortunately not much logging is done in this regard currently, but maybe the logfile still contains some valuable hint.

Yohaskan
    Participant

Same issue with my games, i have the profil but not my setting after quit vorpx (Vive mode)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could you please create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app after this issue occured and send it to support |at| vorpx com?

The issue can’t be replicated here so far, but I’d like to collect as much data as possible in this regard. Thanks.

BuckleBean
    Participant

I also have this problem. It was on & off during the DK2 days, but so far with CV1, I have yet to be able to save any settings I change within the app.

Ralf
    Keymaster

My current assumption is that the new database profile system is the root of this. E.g the database file might be locked after a game crash or something similar.

However, the issue cannot be replicated here so far, so I NEED SOME DATA FROM YOU GUYS to have something I can work with.

Please create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app after this issue occured and send it to support |at| vorpx com. Currently not much is logged in regard to profile saving unfortunately, but maybe it still gives a hint. If that isn’t enough to solve the issue, more extensive logging will be added to the next vorpX version.

Papa Plastic
    Participant

Happening to me too but, I figured out a temporary workaround.
    Save profile changes ingame.
    Quit game.
    Export game profile to file.
    Quit vorpX.
    Relaunch vorpX.
    Import game profile from previous step.
    Apply and close.
    Now previous tweaks should stick between vorpX restarts.

P.S. Ralf, wtf mate? Where’s my advanced profile authoring key? Multiple emails over a week and still no response from support@vorpx.com

I would Love to get Gurumin and Blade Kitten working in geometry 3D but I need More options!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That your workaround does the trick is pretty much in line with my above guess (locked database file), thanks for that. No solution yet, but at least I’m almost sure now where the issue may be located.

There are a few minor issues with the advanced authoring hence authoring keys are on hold currently. Will hopefully be fixed in the next vorpX version.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!