Customizable Screen Settings?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Customizable Screen Settings?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Oculus Prime
    Participant

The demos I have seen look good and I look forward to purchasing this software.

I have a question about display customization. Will there be settings to adjust Field of View and other things such as 3d depth to customize the experience?

I have been playing around with other side by side software that works okay with older games but requires adjustment each time I play to make the experience bearable. Vorpx seems like it will work well out of the box but will we also be able to customize the experience if necessary if the field of view or 3d depth rendering arent quite what we want?

This would be particularly great for me as I have “created” custom lenses for my rift using magnifying lenses from eye monocles in place of my standard B cup lenses. The increased field of view is great but im crossing my fingers that vorpx will allow me to adjust settings as necessary. Or is it designed to give everyone a uniform experience on a standard rift configuration?

Thanks for the hard work!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes. You can customize everything that is needed to make vorpX’s output a perfect fit for your individual eyesight (and in your case lensmod). Standard settings do work great for most people, but if needed, there are enough advanced tweaking options to spend half a day experimenting with them. ;)

golem09
    Participant

That was also something I was wondering about. Since the Oculus is pretty much one single piece of hardware, the usual options I know from 3D software is not as neccessary. And so far in the native Oculus games/demos the only real value you had to put in was the IPD.
    Is vorpX is pre-calibrated like this as well, so that the IPD is all you need if you use stock hardware?

Ralf
    Keymaster

In general, yes. There might be (and are) cases though where someone would want to adjust more than that, so that is possible too. But not mandatory, of course. Usually it’s just plug and play.

Oculus Prime
    Participant

That is great Ralf.

It’s amazing how much you can customize your Oculus experience by swapping out for custom lenses. I’m using some 5 times magnification, double sided lenses and 1600X1200 resolutions and I can see everything including menus and HUD elements.

The ability to adjust the FOV and 3D depth will be essential to allow such customizations to work right I would imagine. I am stoked for the opportunity to tweak everything and see what combinations work the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!