CV1 Vorpx not starting

Homepage Forums Technical Support CV1 Vorpx not starting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    smithers128
    Participant

Get an error message when starting fall out 4 on vorpx:

“Sorry we are having trouble loading Vorpxcontrol.exe……….. you may need to close vorpxcontrol.exe and try again”

Using the latest version of vorpx with latest oculus runtime

Fooder
    Participant

that’s exactly what I get with every game except skyrim so far I am currently trying to figure out how to run elder scrolls online. Just letting u know u r not alone

Coyote44
    Participant

Same here. Still no fix in sight.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you get this error when starting vorpX, please simply close Oculus Home. There’s a high chance that everything will work just fine afterwards.

vorpX checks which headset is connected on start. For that it briefly inits the Oculus runtime, checks the headset, and then immediately shuts the runtime down again. This probably confuses the new Oculus software, which isn’t supposed to kick in at all for this check.

smithers128
    Participant

Ralf – sorry for not responding sooner – been away on business, just got back and tried as you suggested above but without any success.

However, looks like the issue is / was with Commodo AV / HIPS. Followed advice from another post on same topic and all is good;

Goto HIPS settings > add the file in Exclusions under “Detect shellcode Injections”
    The HIPS Settings panel allows you to enable/disable HIPS, set its security level and configure its general behavior.
    The HIPS Settings panel can be accessed by clicking Security Settings > Defense+ > HIPS > ‘HIPS Settings’ tab from ‘Advanced Settings’ interface
    Select Exclusions from “Detect shellcode Injections” add the application. Restart the computer and check the issue.”
    In HIPS rule there is a rule called “COMODO Internet Security”. Edit its rule and click the Protection Settings tab, next to Interprocess Memory Accesses click the modify link, in that windows click add, files from the list, then within the file explorer windows add the excluded .exe/.dat running processes and ok out all windows.

Lyonheart777
    Participant

If you get this error when starting vorpX, please simply close Oculus Home. There’s a high chance that everything will work just fine afterwards.

vorpX checks which headset is connected on start. For that it briefly inits the Oculus runtime, checks the headset, and then immediately shuts the runtime down again. This probably confuses the new Oculus software, which isn’t supposed to kick in at all for this check.

When i try and shut down oculus home.. it just auto pops back up. But i still cant get any game to work with my CV1.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Oculus Home always opens as soon as the Rift is activated. No way around that. Please

1. Minimize Oculus Home to the taskbar before launching a game.
    2. Always run games windowed if possible. This works more reliable than fullscreen.
    3. If you run games fullscreen, they may loose focus due to Oculus Home interfering. In such a case ALT TAB can help to activate them.

If you still have problems after following these steps, please check the trouble shooting guide in the help in regard to possible conflicts with other programs on your PC.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!