Cyberpunk 2077 (Steam) No trackpad movement

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cyberpunk 2077 (Steam) No trackpad movement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pressstart
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed that i couldn’t get any in game movement with my left trackpad.
    I tried to change the keys, moving with keyboard works, but the buttons on the left trackpad aren’t responding, only the trigger button does the function in game for that button but the rest not. changing azerty to qwerty also didn’t did the trick.
    Changing the aim by using the right trackpad works.
    I’m used an original vive.
    Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Does this always happen right from the start or does it work at first and then stops working at some point? Also would be great if you could let me know whether tapping the ALT key maybe helps. There might be some weird issue with the redone keyboard handling that would probably also affect VR controllers in keyboard/mouse mode. I haven’t fully understood it yet though.

Pressstart
    Participant

No, honestly this is the first time that i’m having this issue. With previous games it always worked.
    Today was the first time i tried to use the trackpad, yesterday i have been using the mouse and keyboard or gamepad and all that works fine.
    But i need to have the trackpad to work so i can run through the map with AgileVR.
    I think i tried the ALT button but not with the idea that it could make a difference.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t get my head around the thing yet either, just noticed something similar while checking CP2077 with mouse/kb earlier today for other reasons, which mysteriously got resolved by pressing ALT, hence the question. I’ll investigate the issue further with fairly high priority, but don’t have a solution right now.

You can switch the VR controllers to gamepad mode instead, not sure though whether that helps with your AgileVR setup.

Pressstart
    Participant

I tried that as well but then when i use agilevr, my head aim changes to the direction i’m using agilevr in. I couldn’t find a way to adjust that.
    No problem that there isn’t a sollution, hopely you manage to solve it someday, it’s still very early since the game is out for a few days, it’s great that you made vorpx support for it so quickly.

Kyahx
    Participant

This is a bug – someone on Reddit was able to find a fix and I can confirm it works. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb73fr/fix_for_virtual_input_not_working/

Unfortunately VorpX actually DOESN’T use virtual input so the UI keeps flipping between controller and keyboard prompts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

What do you consider “virtual input”? Not sure what that means. The help overlay flicker comes from vorpX emulating a mouse for head tracking. When you play with a gamepad, the game gets slightly confused by that and constantly switches between the gamepad and the mouse/kb help overlay. That doesn’t affect the actual input though, which works as intended.

Kyahx
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure — I’m just guessing based on the thread around Cyberpunk blocking the virtual input (Steam Controller mouse input) while the VorpX emulated mouse still worked — so they are obviously different somehow.

If I play the game normally with the Steam Controller or DualShock 4 (gamepad + mouse input on the gyro and the hex edit from Reddit) the UI doesn’t flicker, but VorpX still does (since the game somehow things the VorpX mouse is a hardware device).

Edit: More info here https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kamugy/cant_play_cyberpunk_2077_as_a_disabled_person/

Pressstart
    Participant

I notice a lot of people confirming that it works, I’ll have to try it, not sure if i’ll do it today.

Pressstart
    Participant

It works :) Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!