Cyberpunk 2077: Vorpx is the only way to go.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077: Vorpx is the only way to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zero_nanometer
    Participant

After getting a few more hours to play (I’m in Act II now) I have to say that with some fine tuning, Cyberpunk 2077 is incredible in Vorpx, assuming you have the hardware to crank everything up to the max. I think they wanted to do the game in VR but found that it was just not possible for most people given the fact that you need some pretty amazing hardware.

I really couldn’t imagine playing it any other way… I’ve noticed some bugs, and the game occasionally crashes but it’s 100% worth it. Maybe the best game since Halo CE or GTA V imho.. This is how the game was meant to be played it seems.

Here are some things I did, that may or may not suit your taste:

– significantly zoomed out the image so that I can see all of the hud, did some fine tuning on the zooming/edge peek mode so that you could really just play it in edge peek mode at times

– cranked the 3D in edge peek mode up

– changed the background to black, really helped make the game much more immersive, when in VR view it just looks like limits to my FOV rather than a floating screen

– cranked up the saturation and dialed in a few other settings like that

Kind of amazing the developers didn’t just put a mode like this in the game it’s ridiculous how much better it is than playing it on a monitor, even if this is sort of a sit-down “hyrbid VR” solution. Ralf has single handedly fixed Cyberpunk 2077 and if we ever get a full 3D mode that’s just icing on the cake.

Anyway, hardware specs if you’re curious:
    Oculus Quest 2 (HP G2 finally shipped and I hear it’ll be even better)
    5900x
    3090FE
    32GB 3600 RAM
    2TB Samsung Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD
    Water-cooled CPU + 9 fans

So pretty heavy duty computer, but if you can do it, it’s absolutely amazing. I wouldn’t recommend it any other way.

Cricket_Rahul
    Participant

I have RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X, 32 GB RAM…..Do you think will be good for Cyberpunk with Vorpx?

themerote
    Participant

It’s unplayable on a screen, looks amazing in 3D. I really hope one day its playable in full immersive VR, yes alot of the setting would have to be lowered. GTAV has an amazing VR mod as does Alien Isolation, the developer of those mods had to edit the settings and even remove some of the effects seen on a flat screen but they both look amazing. Officially I know Cyber Punk will never get a supported VR mode so here’s hoping Vorpx and other modders keep working on it.

SJD1969
    Participant

Full immersive or go home! :)

zero_nanometer
    Participant

Yes.. especially running at 1080P

zero_nanometer
    Participant

Also… update, my HP G2 came in today but doesn’t want to work with my x570 motherboard of course so waiting on a work-around. If you’re lurking here and wondering “sHoUld i GeT vOrPx tO pLaY CyBeRpUnK 2077?”

The answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again Ralf single handedly fixed the game and made it actually as good as the hype

markbradley1982
    Participant

I’m playing Cyberpunk 2077 exclusively on my Vive using VorpX instead of on my 70 inch 4k tv hooked up to my PC. The 3D effect and extra immersion is that good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!