Cyberpunk is crashing to desktop randomly when using VorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cyberpunk is crashing to desktop randomly when using VorpX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

VorpX version: 21.1.0.2
    Nvidia Driver version: 460.79

CPU: 6700k
    GPU: GTX 1080
    32 gigs of ram
    Windows 10 Pro

Cyberpunk runs stable without VorpX, but with VorpX is seems to crash randomly particularly if I am loading a new level / area. Any thing I can do to resolve this? Any kind of debug log I can submit?

Performance is surprisingly smooth (runs better than in 4k on my 70 inch TV which serves as my main monitor), and the 3D effect that Z3D creates is pretty fantastic in this game. Good depth and easy to ignore the shortcomings of Z3D. If the random crashing is sorted then THIS is the way to play this game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No double posts please. Thanks. I have removed your other post. I don’t have an answer for every question within an hour, sorry for that. I also experienced two seemingly random crashes yesterday during approx. three hours of play time. Not good, of course, but nothing game breaking. I’ll keep an eye on the matter. For the time being please simply continue from the last auto save, which luckily are created quite often.

Dave
    Participant

Hi, i have many crashes, too ! Setting the FOV and graphic settings higher let’s crash it every 5 Minutes. With medium settings and a small Resolution it crashes every 20-30 Minutes. Waiting for the first big Patch of the game. I have a RTX 3080 and my Software is up to date, and i think it is not a performance problem of my hardware. I will play 2 hours with vorpx without 3D to investigate the problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As the very first thing in case of any unusual behavior please revert any changes you made to game files. The max. FOV hack sounds harmless, and I wouldn’t really expect it to cause problems, but who knows.

Also, just in case, a little reminder that routinely belongs into every answer to ‘my games crashes’ posts in this universe: overclocking is evil.

markbradley1982
    Participant

“Also, just in case, a little reminder that routinely belongs into every answer to ‘my games crashes’ posts in this universe: overclocking is evil.”

Yeah I don’t overclock personally due to stability concerns

“No double posts please. Thanks. I have removed your other post. I don’t have an answer for every question within an hour, sorry for that. I also experienced two seemingly random crashes yesterday during approx. three hours of play time. Not good, of course, but nothing game breaking. I’ll keep an eye on the matter. For the time being please simply continue from the last auto save, which luckily are created quite often.”

Sorry about that. I’ve been messing around with settings in Cyberpunk to try to get it more stable. If I run it in low with auto resolution scaling disabled it seems to run more stable, though I can still occasionally crash but it is less common at least. If it looks stable, I might flip on another detail to see if stability continues.

Performance is great though and the 3D depth is fantastic which really enhances the atmospheric graphics. Z3D is an unsung hero that people are way too dismissive of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!