Dark souls remastered does not start.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Dark souls remastered does not start.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ilkj4832z
    Participant

There is no problem playing other games.
    Only this game.
    It freezes when moving from the start screen to the game screen.
    It was the same even if I restarted the game from the beginning.
    It freezes when moving to the game screen.
    It doesn’t change even if I uninstall and reinstall the game.
    What should I do?

bravekat
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I got it to work twice and am trying to recreate what I changed to make it work. It is definitely the g3d causing the freezing because when turned off, it starts fine and as soon as g3d is tuned back on, it freezes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can confirm this one. No immediate solution unfortunately, I’ll have to take a closer look at this. Probably something that won’t be solvable before the next vorpX update, but if I manage to fix it with a profile tweak, I’ll let you know next week.

bravekat
    Participant

Okay thanks. If this helps, the 2 times I was able to get it to work, it seemed to do with how the game loaded(After, I could enter the game world in g3d without freezing, until I restarted the game). Unfortunately, I was unable to recreate what I changed to make the g3d work without freezing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Bad news: no way to address this with a profile update, requires a code fix. Good news: will work again in the next vorpX build (don’t have a date yet though).

samku
    Participant

Hi,
    I got the same issue. Hope that you can fix it soon.

RJK_
    Participant

< 1 FPS with Dark Souls: Prepare to die Edition with me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to run it windowed, there seems to be an issue with the Prepare To Die edition in fullscreen mode.

I’ll take a (brief) closer look at that, but won’t waste too much time on it, the Prepare To Die edition is hugely inferior to the remaster due to its 30fps cap. The remaster will fully work again with the next vorpX version.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!