DayZ profile creation issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support DayZ profile creation issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SpynalTom
    Participant

First let me say thank you to Ralf for all you do. I am a long time lurker and long time owner. The experiences I have had due to VorpX allowing me to play some of my favorite games in VR is astonishing. My current favorites are Planetside 2, Fallout 4, ESO (it will work again I know it), Skyrim (of course), Dishonored, and the Metro series. Currently I am trying to get DayZ working and I thought I would try my luck and creating a new profile based on the ArmaII profile. When I attempt to link the .exe to the profile I get this message:
    DayZ.exe is already assigned to the below profile(s):
    DayZ Standalone
    You can only assign programs that are not already assigned.

I have looked but I cannot find a DayZ Standalone profile.
    I’m sure I’m doing something wrong and am hoping you can point me in the right direction. However if you are currently working on ESO DX11 please do not stop, I can wait. :)
    Thanks again. I don’t feel you get enough positive feedback here or on Reddit so I just wanted you to know I appreciate all you do.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Day Z Standalone is broken in a way that cannot be resolved by a custom profile unfortunately. It actually has a hidden profile (hidden due to being broken), hence you cannot make another profile. Tried several times to debug the issue in the past, but it’s a tough one.

SpynalTom
    Participant

Understood, thanks for the response.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still no updates on days standalone?;(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did the DayZ makers finally do their big graphics engine update that was announced over a year ago? If so, I might take another look at it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did the DayZ makers finally do their big graphics engine update that was announced over a year ago? If so, I might take another look at it.

Yes and no. The expirimental branch now supports 0.60 patch which is first look in to the new engine and DX11 support. As i know the perfomance has greatly increased, however the patch version is still in testing (not stable).

phoenix
    Participant

No news about DayZ support?

chazzkat
    Participant

I bought VorpX specifically hoping to be able to play DayZ with it. Any chance this could get working in the future? Thanks so much for all the work you do on this project.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!