Death Stranding – Wow!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Death Stranding – Wow!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Just started playing this. Holy crap its gorgeous in 3D!
    Slow start to the game, but apparently it picks up the further in you get.
    Amazing music, and quite interesting so far.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

That’s good to know. Thanks. Always looking for the ones that knock the socks off so will definitely pick up when it goes on sale.

jjensson
    Participant

I’m jealous. Can’t afford to pay full price for a game, so i’ll wait. But definitely looking forward to play Death Stranding in VorpX.

sylvan
    Participant

but not g3d?

dborosev
    Participant

No its not G3D, but honestly, for distant open world outdoor games like this and many others, it really makes very little difference. G3D is best for close quarters games. I would probably play it in Z3D anyways just due to the extra performance and lack of other issues G3D brings (shadows, etc) to many games.

andrewtsubaro
    Participant

I disagree. A G3D (with proper shadows, of course), in combination with DLSS – ummm, candy! I am eager to try it. I hope Ralf will eventually get around to it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not trying to change anyone’s opinion on G3D vs. Z3D, but for third person outdoor games like this one I strongly agree with dborosev’s post. Provided you aren’t after unrealistic over-the-top ‘dollhouse’ stereo 3D, in this type of game you rarely will encounter situations where you look at objects close enough for G3D being any better than Z3D in terms of the produced 3D effect. So in this particular case (and similar outdoor games) the performance benefits of Z3D indeed outweigh its disadvantages IMO.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!