Deep Rock Galactic, supposedly works but having issue

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Deep Rock Galactic, supposedly works but having issue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Deceptive Pastry
    Participant

Read on the Steam forums that some guy used the Conan Exiles profile with Deep Rock Galactic and it worked great. It is mostly working but I’m having an issue with some of the lighting/shading in the game being warped/distorted across the view, like they aren’t attached to the objects they are supposed to be. Image below, effect was mild in this photo but you can see the green light distortion to the left of the Equipment monitor and some other spots.

https://imgur.com/22XpbCP

I had a similar issue with Dead Space 2 where lights (such as on doors) were skewed away/separated from where they were supposed to be. Not sure if this is a common issue or something is wrong on my end?

Deceptive Pastry
    Participant

I figured out how to get into the expert settings and mess with the shaders. Fixed the biggest of the weird distortion issues. The 3D FOV enhancement hack was also causing stretching issues I couldn’t fix, but I found out how to push the in-game FOV past the 110 limit through the config files so I don’t need the hack anymore. I’ll keep messing with the game and if I can manage to make a decent profile I’ll share it. Performance is rough though. Considering how well optimized the game is normally, maybe just a matter of more shader tweaking?

dborosev
    Participant

Curious how this is now? I notice one profile up in the cloud. Is it mostly figured out?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably fixable by either not transforming the shaders in question or disabling them if that doesn’t work.

That is fairly easy. You basically just flip through shaders using a GUI to find the offending ones and then mark them has hidden, no transform or whatever makes sense. Everyone can do that. A short introduction on the matter can be found in the vorpX help under ‘User Profiles’. Not only is that easier than you may think, it’s also a good feeling to give back a little after you enjoyed so many profiles done for you by others. :)

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks for the nudge. ;)
    When I get around to playing this one in the next month or 2, I’ll definitely check that out if there are still shader issues. I don’t mind playing with some tools to tweak it if its fairly simple.
    Cheers.

dborosev
    Participant

Hey Deceptive Pastry,
    Did you post the profile you made with your fixes? If not, I’ll take a stab at it when I get some time.

dborosev
    Participant

Well, happy to say I had some time to fiddle tonight, and created my first profile. I edited the shaders on the existing cloud profile to fix the lighting issues that were driving me crazy. It wasn’t too difficult at all. Uploaded it to the cloud.
    Enjoy.

Efolimac
    Participant

Hi and thanks for the profile. Tried it this evening with the Windows Store (Gamepass) Version of the game. I’m using a HP Reverb G2 correctly configured in Vorpx.

Sadly Vorpx couldn’t attach to the game with any method I tried :(
    The game started immediately and the Start Screen was already there, when Vorpx tried to do its hooking-amagic. After a while it went to the menu where you can choose an alternative hooking method. By selecting it the game and Vorpx crash.

Do you guys have any advice?

haints
    Participant

I really want to try this profile too but I can’t get it to hook either.

luka2099
    Participant

the gamepass version game, I seem to remember that it doesn’t work with vorpx. you need the steam version. in any case the game is in unreal engine 4 and works with the command -vr, without vorpx

Smoils
    Participant

I figured out how to get into the expert settings and mess with the shaders. Fixed the biggest of the weird distortion issues. The 3D FOV enhancement hack was also causing stretching issues I couldn’t fix, but I found out how to push the in-game FOV past the 110 limit through the config files so I don’t need the hack anymore. I’ll keep messing with the game and if I can manage to make a decent profile I’ll share it. Performance is rough though. Considering how well optimized the game is normally, maybe just a matter of more shader tweaking?

vorpx fov hax is not ideal, game still renders everything as if fov was not changed, like issue you had and object culling (things start to vanish at view edge)

for fov I recommend
    – finding game config and changing it manually there (works for this game and beyond settings limit)
    – finding a trainer/mod for game fov
    – using uuu for unreal games to bring in console (works for this game), but it locks fov at same number for menus and cutscenes, where game usually changes fov dynamically
    – flawless widescreen profiles
    – cheat engine tables

thats all the tools that work to fix custom profile fov with vorpx, the built in fov adjust is only meant for official profiles with direct scan.

with all that I should add using z3d at really high res will look very similar to g3d and be more crisp and run smooth due to being cheaper plus no render issues. I play deep rock in 4k at 80 fps in z3d with high fov and barely see any artifacts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!