Del key not working in any applications

Homepage Forums Technical Support Del key not working in any applications

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    swatt
    Participant

I didn’t have this problem before I upgraded to version 18.2.5.

My Del key no longer works in ANY application (e.g. here typing this message in Chrome) as long as VorpX is running. Pausing the watcher is not enough. I have to exit VorpX entirely to use the Del key in other applications.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    -Sandra

Ralf
    Keymaster

That can only be the case if vorpX is hooked into another program as a safety measure since otherwise in some programs opening the vorpX menu with DEL may have unwanted side effects. Maybe it did hook in some background process on your machine. If you happen to know which one you can add it to the exclude list in the config app.

Another option would be to change the vorpX menu key to something other than DEL. That can also be done in the config app.

swatt
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean by safety measure, but ok, how can I find out what programs vorpX is hooked into? (I’d like to keep the Del key if I could because I can easily find it while in VR)

Some more info…

I can’t use Del in Thunderbird, but thunderbird.exe is in the exclusion list already.

Also, if a program is already running, and then I start vorpX it still loses use of the Del key. I thought vorpX needs to be running before you start your game / program in order for it to hook. That’s certainly the case with Wow.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you run a game windowed for example, using the DEL key might accidentally delete a file on your desktop. You definitely do not want that to happen, hence DEL is blocked as a safety measure while vorpX is hooked into a program. That is a good thing usually and not a problem since the block is only supposed to be active while a program is hooked.

A restart of your PC might also be enough to solve your issue in case vorpX is still hooked into a program that semi-crashed earlier.

You can see what programs vorpX hooked since the last start in the logfile. To check the logfile create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app.

If you can’t find the offending app, please change the vorpX menu key to something other than DEL as suggested above.

swatt
    Participant

Ok, since there was no way to see what is being hooked, I went for the reboot, and it worked! Sorry – I should have just tried that first, but I hope the thread helps someone else in future. It’s a great great product.

Thanks for explaining about safety measure – that makes sense now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!