Desktop Viewer and Helix Mods

Homepage Forums Technical Support Desktop Viewer and Helix Mods

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    adzter
    Participant

Hey Ralf…
    I just got hold of a 1080TI (been on a Radeon for ages) and wanted to try out some of the Helix mods for 3DVision.
    I was wondering if you can setup 3dfix manager to run the games in SBS and then use Vorpx Desktop viewer to output it to the HMD, or whether you’d recommend just using Helixvision for that kind of thing.

I know I can probably just trial and error, but I figured I’d save a bit of time going by a recommendation of what will work best.

Ad

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t really have anything specific to recommend in that respect, sorry. Never tried it, so I have no clue what might work best.

On a sidenote: for games with native SBS 3D support you are best off creating a new profile based on one that handles SBS input (e.g. Rise of the Tomb Raider for DX11). For a bunch of reasons directly hooking into a game is always better than using desktop capture later.

To make that easier I’ll add a profile template for games with native SBS 3D in the next vorpX update.

dborosev
    Participant

>>>To make that easier I’ll add a profile template for games with native SBS 3D in the next vorpX update.

Did this ever make it in?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nope, sorry. Using the method described above does the trick though. Caveat: Probably won’t work together with other injectors/mods like Reshade, those (obviously) still can cause conflicts. if you want to do that the desktop viewer is the way to go.

dborosev
    Participant

Cool. Nice to have so much versatility.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!