Desktop viewer debugging

Homepage Forums Technical Support Desktop viewer debugging

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jey123456
    Participant

I haven’t seen any recent changes in the desktop viewer so i can only assume the problem is on my side.

I’m currently stuck with the desktop viewer constantly closing and reopening in loop
    even after a fresh reboot.

I could not find anything useful in AppData\Local\Temp\vorpx.log

is there any other way to get information on what could be the problem ?

Theres been no hardware changes on the pc so i’m pretty sure its some software update thats messing with it, but with no way to find out which it could be short of killing every single services one at a time im a bit at a loss.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you by any chance are using a multi monitor system, disconnecting additional monitors is worth a try.

Jey123456
    Participant

unfortunately that did not help. I’m pretty confident it was a software update on my pc that caused the issue since it started after i finally let windows update do its thing.

But as for finding out which exact process / service is causing it, i’m at a loss on how to approach it, disabling everything one by one until it work just takes way too much time to do everytime something like this happen.

Theres bound to be some log or debug output that can be used to reduce the possibilities isnt there ?

Jey123456
    Participant

i guess not…. oh well, i suppose ill have to stick to using virtual desktop for games that just arent supported by the injection ><. its a shame tho since when it does work, vorpx desktop has a much better fps.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can create a trouble shoot data in the config app. It contains a logfile.

Just in case: if you are still using Windows 8, you should upgrade to Windows 10. The desktop viewer should still work on Windows 8.1, but apparently there is some issue.

Jey123456
    Participant

i am on windows 10. Also found the issue altho it was pure luck. The discord overlay probably received an update and stopped working. I know it was never “supported” but it worked until recently.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting your solution!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!