desktop viewer doesn't work on oculus runtime 0.8 win10

Homepage Forums Technical Support desktop viewer doesn't work on oculus runtime 0.8 win10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    easyg0ing
    Participant

Graphics: Geforce GT750M
    Oculus Rift DK2 firmware 2.12
    Oculus Runtime: 0.8 (demo scene works perfectly)

when i opened VorpX 0.9.1 desktop viewer there’s nothing happened except the backend process “vorpX VR Desktop Viewer (32bit)” is successfully started as shown in task manager.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a guess: vorpX has to be active for the desktop viewer to work.

easyg0ing
    Participant

vorpX is running. But when I open desktop viewer it looks like this:snapshot1

Ralf
    Keymaster

That looks quite normal. The desktop viewer opens an invisible window which displays as black in the taskbar preview. So nothing wrong with this screenshot.

Are you by any chance have multiple monitors connected? That might cause an issue. Also please check for any programs that hook into games similar to vorpX. The trouble shooting guide in the help has a few hints in this regard.

easyg0ing
    Participant

Are you by any chance have multiple monitors connected?
    No. I’m running it on my laptop with only oculus connected to it. I’m running Oculus Runtime 0.8 so I’m not able to set it as the primary display using extend mode.

I’ll try remove a few possible confilicted programs and see if it works.

easyg0ing
    Participant

I’ve removed Geforce Experience and the problem remains.. also tried uninstall vorpx, switch to other oculus runtimes.. still not working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!