Desktop Viewer

Homepage Forums Technical Support Desktop Viewer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eychimo
    Participant

I may be doing some thing wrong, but I do not know what it is. I can not, no matter what I try anymore, manage to get the desktop viewer working in any form. It tries to attach, but that is as far as it ever gets. Have tried running it in Admin as well as trying to turn off many features. Nothing works. Anything I want to run off the desktop I am forced to just run it in Dash or Big Screen apps.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Is there anything unusual about your GPU/monitor configuration, two GPUs, multiple monitors etc.? If so, please try with only one monitor (and the headset connected to the same GPU in case of a multi-GPU system).

BTW: There is an accessible Star Citizen profile in vorpX 18.1, so the desktop viewer should not be required anymore as a Star Citizen workaround.

Eychimo
    Participant

No, just single monitor. I will double check that it has not changed anything on the sly. If it helps. The Error code it give says error 301 what ever that means.

Eychimo
    Participant

error window reports
    Failed to create window swapchain with 0x80070005

Eychimo
    Participant

Oh, and Star citizen works fine, Just the viewer will not load up for anything. not even just the desktop. I tried everything I could think of. even reinstalled the Oculus software. Have not tried reinstalling the Vorpx software, but did not really want to try that as not sure how that will work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether vorpX is at version 18.1.1, you can see the version in the config app (bottom left corner). 18.1 versions should normally fix issues with the desktop viewer and Oculus 2.0.

The error 0x80070005 means access denied. Not terribly much that Google has to say about that in regard to creating a window swapchain unfortunately. The few things I found yesterday suggest that a window handle may be invalid, but that is next to impossible since the window in question was just created a nanosecond before…

You could send me a trouble shoot data archive to support |at| vorpx com, so I could check that. Although I doubt that it will contain anything useful in this case.

Trouble shoot data archives can be created in the config app (trouble shooting page).

Eychimo
    Participant

I found the culprit Ralf. MSI Afterburner is causing the conflict. I been using it since I bought my MSI Nividia card. VorpX always worked with it before. Obviosly the old 16. version of VorpX did not have the same issue with MSI afterburner. So if you see that error in the future, just tell them to turn of MSI afterburner and see if that fixes the Desktop viewer issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!