Deus EX Human Revolution with DK2 and 0.71

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Deus EX Human Revolution with DK2 and 0.71

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

It is almost perfect, however I get sometimes mismatched lighting in left/right eye. It is not shadows as I tried disabling shadows in options and it still happens. I can close each eye and see that the lighting is incorrect in one eye only. Any ideas for a fix, Ralph?

moarveer
    Participant

Have you tried z3d? I believe that Deus Ex HR is one of the games that works best in z3d and it fixes all graphic issues, give it a try.

bcozier
    Participant

Thanks, moarveer that got rid of the problem, but to me the geometry gives better 3D depth, so still hoping for a fix at some point.

Thilus
    Participant

Am really looking forward to this one, but every time I try to run it with VorpX turned on, it just instantly crashes, don’t even get a game screen =(
    Tried different GFX options and DX 9 and 11, no effect.

bcozier
    Participant

This might sound like a stupid question, but you never know…are you using a pirated version of the game, or the steam retail version? I am using the steam retail director’s cut version, rift set up as extended display on windows 7.

Thilus
    Participant

Yes, it’s the retail Steam version. I grew up awhile ago, if I steal a game i don’t complain about it ;)

Rift as extended display, Windows 8.1
    I’ve gotten quite a few games working on the rift at this point, but nothing has solved DXHR+VorpX yet. I tried setting the Rift as my main display (which fixed Assassin’s Creed and a few other games on the list), no difference.
    I should note that I can make the game run in normal mode, forced to the rift’s display, but of course the image is garbled and useless without VorpX.

The only similar behavior I have seen is in HL2VR. I can run it (and it runs wonderfully), but if I change the FOV scale in the game it immediately crashes to desktop, and if I attempt to run it again I just get a loading icon for a second and then nothing, just like DXHR. Deleting the config file for HL2VR fixes the problem. I know the engines aren’t related, but that’s the only faint clue I have so far.

bcozier
    Participant

Yes, it’s the retail Steam version. I grew up awhile ago, if I steal a game i don’t complain about it ;)

Rift as extended display, Windows 8.1
    I’ve gotten quite a few games working on the rift at this point, but nothing has solved DXHR+VorpX yet. I tried setting the Rift as my main display (which fixed Assassin’s Creed and a few other games on the list), no difference.
    I should note that I can make the game run in normal mode, forced to the rift’s display, but of course the image is garbled and useless without VorpX.

The only similar behavior I have seen is in HL2VR. I can run it (and it runs wonderfully), but if I change the FOV scale in the game it immediately crashes to desktop, and if I attempt to run it again I just get a loading icon for a second and then nothing, just like DXHR. Deleting the config file for HL2VR fixes the problem. I know the engines aren’t related, but that’s the only faint clue I have so far.

From what little I can gather I suppose it may be a Windows 8.1 issue. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and don’t have a problem getting vorpx to work. It is as well behaved as my other games that work well with vorpx, I don’t have to do anything special for it.

Thilus
    Participant

Gah, forum lost my reply somehow. Anyway, I found it!

Disabling my Intel HD Graphics 4000 in Device Manager solved the problem. I forgot I even had an integrated chipset in this machine, but apparently it was causing a problem. Disabled, and now I can get to work seeing if i can make DXHR pretty ^_^

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!