Deus Ex Mankind Divided – bug

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Deus Ex Mankind Divided – bug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Noticed a bug in DE:MD where if you use certain augments (ie. smart vision), then when you return to normal vision, selection boxes around 3d objects in the world lose their 3D-ness, and appear as a flat 2D overlay in your vision. This in in z-normal mode.
    This can be replicated right at the start of the game.

dborosev
    Participant

Another 2 bugs:
    – the z-normal gets messed up when you enter any menu exit the menu. Like it overlays some static z-normal which does not match the actual scene. Can’t seem to get rid of it
    – there is no mouse cursor in game, which is needed for hacking screens, etc.

The first reported bug I could work around, but this z-normal one is a deal-breaker until fixed.

dborosev
    Participant

More info:
    Looks like it may not be caused by *any* menu, but especially by game tutorial popups. (Other game popups too I assume)
    It stops the z-depth from updating, and it just remains static from that point on.

dborosev
    Participant

4th (minor)Bug:
    One more weird glitch I’ve noticed on launching the game. If VorpX driver is running, sometimes Steam will give me an error like “Error updating Deus Ex mankind divided, unknown error”.
    The game is up to date, and I can work around it by exiting vorpX, launching the game to the small start menu in windows, then running VorpX and continuing.
    I suspect it has to do with the game start menu it loads first?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If for some reason the game cursor is not visible in 3D mode and vorpX doesn’t show it’s own automatically instead, you can activate/deactivate the vorpX cursor with [ALT][C] in most cases. If that also does not work, please play with a gamepad or your Vive/Touch controllers in gamepad mode.

Z-Buffer: You should be able to get 3D back by opening/closing for example the inventory.

The game constantly switches the texture used for the depth buffer after opening menus/inventory etc. In my last tests keeping track of that worked practically every time with very few exceptions. I’ll check again. If it indeed still fails more often, the profile will be removed, sorry. There was already far more time poured into this game than I can justify considering its (un)popularity.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Update: I uploaded an updated profile to the cloud that should fix the no cursor glitch. The vorpX cursor should now be displayed automatically whenever necessary.

dborosev
    Participant

Hey Ralf,
    No, don’t delete the profile. I can play as-is, just using the workarounds. Yeah I found that going into and out of “smart vision” in the game will reset the z-buffer, so I can use that.
    I’ll give the new profile a try for the cursor.
    Thanks.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I picked this up in the summer sale, and it’s working pretty well minus the z-buffer issue mentioned above.

The smart vision tip is useful, thanks. Either that or alt + tab minimizing and back each time you use menu screens. Not ideal, but functional.

I’m curious though if the improved method for z texture reading introduced in the latest vorpX version (that solved issue for SW Battlefront 2) could apply here as well with a simple profile update. If so, that would be neat.

Ralf
    Keymaster

IIRC I checked Mankind Divided without success after implementing the new method, but I’m not 100% certain anymore. Will look at it early next week to be sure.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like I didn’t remember correctly. I uploaded a profile to the cloud that uses the new method. A brief test including entering/exiting various menu screens a dozen times and loading a savegame worked here now without losing depth a single time.

Feedback welcome.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Yep, working like a charm so far. Thanks Ralf.

Also been playing a lot of Battlefront II again lately, working great!

drowhunter
    Participant

direct VR doesnt seem to work for me. when i press ALT+L nothing happens

in other games you can tell that something is happening when you press ALT+L

i am not running any antivrus except for windows defender.

does the game need to be in dx12?

drowhunter
    Participant

also somewhere i read you can use the games build in stereoscopic mode

i did that but how to i change vorpx to SBS?

RJK_
    Participant

Not every game profile supports ALT+L.
    For games with SBS output you could try the Avatar (SBS) profile from the cloud.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Here is a handy mod that lets you increase FOV with hotkeys in game on the fly. Works pretty well. Separate adjustments for both world fov and hand/weapon fov.

Reddit Thread

Download Mod

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!