Deus Ex profiles

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Deus Ex profiles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Has anyone had experience with the Deus Ex profiles (the first game)? Do they work well? Are there compromises involved (missing shadows, disabled shaders?). I’m trying to work out if a VorpX playthrough of the DE trilogy will be a great experience, or if i should play the games flat.

Ralph
    Participant

I played Mankind Divided and Human Revolution and it was awesome !

Vorpx supports FullVR in a First Person View, and not on a cinema screen !
    You can play in G3D, which means that it is geometric 3D, and that means that “the NPCs are living” an you feel that you are really part of the world of the game.

What are your Hardware Specs ? GPU, CPU and Headset ?

jjensson
    Participant

Good to hear about the other two games, but i asked first and foremost about the first Deus Ex game (the original). Because i couldn’t find any info about it, and it’s UE1 (i could never get Unreal Gold working properly with VorpX, for example).

Ralph
    Participant

Deus Ex from year 2000 ? In my opinion you should wait for a Reboot of the Franchise and play a full Remake in the Unreal Engine 5 or something else.

But you can try a PS2 Emu via vorpx, if the vorpx profile is not working !

luka2099
    Participant

I try all day , with opengl and with dx9. But deus ex goty and deus ex invisible war , dont hooking with vorpx. The official profile dont work and nothing another profile on cloud

jjensson
    Participant

Yeah, ever since my experience with Unreal Gold i suspected something like that.

I’m pretty sure i can get it running with ReShade and SuperDepth3D, but it’s not a comfortable experience.

Oh well, it’s back to flat gaming again, i guess.

onetoo
    Participant

I got it to load with the Steam version and revision, but I couldn’t get edgepeek to work, or the vorpx menu to show. I used the revision cloud profile and a hook helper. There may be something I’ve overlooked. I know it worked years ago when I tried.

jjensson
    Participant

Well, Unreal Gold worked as well with the official profile, but there was no stereo3D. I’m not sure if it was intended like this, or it worked years ago and now it doesn’t anymore (how old is 227i patch anyway?). IMHO it’s pretty pointless to have a profile without stereo3D. :)

Did you have any stereoscopic depth with Revision?

IA_Predator
    Participant

I hadn’t have problems to come up with a good 3D effect in this game. However there is a big problem making it unplayable. The game renders the scene in multiple chunks. First the ui and your inventory, then the closer objects and finally the background. Each of these chunks is rendered with its own z range. That means if you increase the 3D effect to have good looking objects your ui and weapons are so far besides each other that it hurts. To make all things even uglier. If one chunk like the background isn’t visible that pass is skipped altogether. So you never know which chunk is actually the important one which should be 3D …

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!