dgVoodoo2 & hexedit of game exe & Rise of Flight United

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings dgVoodoo2 & hexedit of game exe & Rise of Flight United

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hello,

after a success in getting the Il2 1946 work with dgVoodoo2.6 and vorpX in 3D (via Z3D), I am trying to repeat this triumph :-) with the Rise of Flight United (free to play on Steam). However… I am stuck half way through so to speak.

This is what I have done:
    – got it work with dgVoodoo2.6 (d3d9.dll in game exe folder and run the config) – the dgVoodoo2 watermakrk appears in the lower-right corner

This is where I am stuck:
    – as vorpX now can’t hook (it is asking to delete or rename the d3d9.dll in the exe folder), I need to rename the dgVoodoo2 d3d9.dll and hexedit the game exe to refer it to the newly renamed dll… but…
    – the game exe (ROF.exe) does not contain any d3d9.dll string.

Now what? Any ideas? I would appreciate any help.

Once that is done, I suppose I could use the same vorpX profile that I use for the Il2 1946.

Thanks!

Milan

RJK_
    Participant

Sometimes what you need to search for is d.3.d.8.d.l.l or d 3 d 9 . d l l instead of d3d9.dll. You probably need to search manually for it.
    Also search through any other file of the game and replace the entries there as well (if the game doesnt run or you dont find the reference above).

apollon01
    Participant

Thanks RJK_ for the tip. That was it. I had to hexedit some other files too.

So now I am able to run the Rise of Flight in dgVoodoo2.6 and vorpX at the same time. I tried a profile that works well with other dgVoodoo2.6 (based on your profile for Stolen) and while I get quite nice Z3D effect in the opening screen, in-game (in-flight) there Z3D effect is OK only in outside view but unfortunately not at all in cockpit view (which is quite essential for a flight sim :-)).

Would you have some tips what possibly to try to tweak?

It is weird. It seems that the outside is rendered differently to the in-cockpit.

Thanks,

Milan

RJK_
    Participant

Unfortunatley some games are only partly 3D just like the so called 2,5D Adventures where 3D chars move on front of a 3D background. If thats the case for your game i guess there is nothing you can do. But before you give up, i would advise you to try a few other profiles here or here

apollon01
    Participant

Thanks for the references. I have tried three different profiles and one works slightly better than the one I have used for the Il2 1946.

I will probably go through them slowly one by one and maybe I will be lucky :-)

Just FYI – the game was reported to work rather OKish with the (now dead) nvidia 3D Vision. So I suppose there probably is a way. There is even a helixmod fixing some issues for the nvidia 3D Vision.

Milan

RJK_
    Participant

EDIT. Reply removed, i made a mistake, throught i own that game.

A 3D Vision Fix not nessecarily means that parts of the game arent 2D. Ive seen some 3D train simulators where the the drivers cabin was 2D. Openrails for example. Hope you find a good profile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!