Direct head tracking – no longer smooth

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Direct head tracking – no longer smooth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ageem123
    Participant

I’ve been using Direct head tracking within Fallout 4 and it was working great. I published my configuration on this forum previously with mods that helped immersion.

After some more recent Oculus and possibly nVidia (980 TI) driver updates this is now very jerky using direct head tracking and it is worse than without direct enabled. Is there an updated Vorpx release that is built using the latest Oculus drivers which might help bring back that smooth tracking?

Direct mode even for the month or so that it was working was fantastic and I can’t wait for it to work again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is related to the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Will work again with the next vorpX version.

Direct Head Tracking will also be enhanced a lot with the next update in various other ways. It’s now called Direct VR and depending on the game can also handle FOV and positional tracking. FO4 will be one of the games with full support for all three.

ageem123
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I’m happy to see that this mode is getting expanded as I’ve spent hours in FO4 already using it. I’d love to see it continue to expand. Is there anything the community can do to contribute profiles for Direct VR games? This would be awesome in GTA V.

StreetPreacher
    Participant

This is related to the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Will work again with the next vorpX version.

Direct Head Tracking will also be enhanced a lot with the next update in various other ways. It’s now called Direct VR and depending on the game can also handle FOV and positional tracking. FO4 will be one of the games with full support for all three.

Great news! I had noticed some odd behaviour after updating to Windows 10 Anniversary, but didn’t know that the update was the casue of the problems. Looking forward to the update!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!