Direct VR Fov Issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support Direct VR Fov Issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hasnotalent
    Participant

So for the purpose of this post I’m specifically talking about Skyrim, but this actually seems to be happening with every game I’ve tried (Skyrim, Jedi Knight 2 and Mount and Blade).

Basically whenever I have Direct VR enabled, the FOV gets very low and makes me nauseous. Just to clarify, I’m using a Skyrim (Original) install with no mods installed at all. Whenever I type “Fov 110” into console with direct VR enabled it will change for a fraction of a second and then change back. Disabling direct VR will show the proper 110 FOV.

So whenever Direct VR is enabled I get about 65 FOV and the instant I disable it, the FOV changes to the proper 110.

Is there something I don’t understand about this situation? I have to admit I kinda feel lost. I’ve of course read your suggestions and tips for FOV but none of that actually seems to do anything. I can change the FOV in game or in the ini but as soon as Direct VR is enabled it will override the proper FOV and make it the lower one.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you for your time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Direct VR automatically sets the FOV to the correct value for your headset. The FOV set by Direct VR is quite close to 110 normally, just a little bit more precise.

If that isn’t the case, the only potential things I can imagine is that either a camera mod changes the FOV or something prevents Direct VR from applying the calculated FOV, for example by a virus scanner. If you use anything alse than Windows Defender, please try to disable your scanner and check whether that helps.

Also make sure that your Skyrim is up-to-date in Steam. The Direct VR FOV for Skyrim is not completely version independent.

Hasnotalent
    Participant

So reinstalling Skyrim from scratch made no difference, but completely reinstalling Vorpx did.

Although it does seem a little zoomed in to my eyes, it is at the correct FOV now as disabling Direct VR doesn’t change the FOV and typing “Fov 110” in console has no change whether Direct VR mode or not. In other words, the FOV appears to be correct now.

Thank you for your assistance.

Interesting thing to note here is that returning Vorpx to factory default through the program did not fix this issue but actually reinstalling the program did.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!