Direct VR Skyrim issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Direct VR Skyrim issues

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    passprogress
    Participant

Am i supposed to do something during the scan because it always failed for FOV. This is in skyrim. Im gonna try other games

passprogress
    Participant

When playing both direct VR of skyrim and bioshock infinite, rotating my head only move a static image left and right up and down. Its also very blurry in skyrim.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that you are using the latest Skyrim version and if that is already the case, please try without any mods, especially mods that affect the camera may have an effect.

Also make sure to run the scan after the tutorial section at the beginning (Helgen). There were some reports earlier that it doesn’t work there.

Apart from that: there always is a certain risk of failure in general with Direct VR scans, for more details on this please read the hint text that is shown during each scan.

If the FOV scan fails in Skyrim, you can easily change it manually ny typing fov 111 (correct value for the default vorpX settings) into the Skyrim console. The console can be opened with the tilde key (the one above TAB).

passprogress
    Participant

do you know why its very blurry.

passprogress
    Participant

and also i have no mods installed whith skyrim last version all fresh install with a new game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can run games at any resolution with vorpX. The default recommendation of 1280×1024 is a compromise between qualilty and performance. Try 1600×1200 or 1920×1440 for better image quality at the expense of performance.

If you have the original DX9 Skyrim, which is the recommended version, you can alternatively use the “Internal Resolution Upscale” in the vorpX ingame menu (image page).

passprogress
    Participant

im using skyrim SE in 1080P because i have FPS to spare.

passprogress
    Participant

i think i found why my rotation was messed up. I play with a xbox one controller and i wanted to remove vorpx control on my contoller. When i put override controller off, it block the rotation. Is that intended or a glitch.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please leave that setting at its default for the time being. If it is set to on in a game, that is done for a reason.

The next vorpX version will make this a bit easier by handling it automatically if required.

passprogress
    Participant

by default its full and it block my rotation in Fallout 4. I checked for skyrim and every option block my rotation and skyrim is still very blurry. :(

passprogress
    Participant

i tried factory default in the config and it fix the blurry screen and rotation. The thing is that you should try to play skyrim with a controller this way. By default you can only walk super slow, edge peek override crouching button, switching tab in the menu does not work and on and on.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can play the game in several ways: with mouse/keyboard, Vive wands/Touch, the vorpX controller override, which you can fully configure to your liking in the vorpX ingame menu, and also with your gamepad in native mode, but for that you will have to turn on and off the controller override manually ATM as required, which will soon be done automatically.

Given how many questions you have, you are probably better off leaving almost all settings at their default values at this point.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!