Direct X 7 support

Homepage Forums Technical Support Direct X 7 support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    baggyg
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Can you tell me is DX7 games will work, like unsupported DX9/10/11 games? I.e. just the viewport copy without depth?

Ralf
    Keymaster

DX7 support in a similar fashion isn’t completely off the table, especially since I’d like to play a few older DX titles myself, but so far I haven’t really investigated this, to be honest. I will take a closer look at the matter when (if) I find the time.

Hornet
    Participant

Hi, Ralf,
    generally DX7 games in 3D on new computers is big problem, becose they are not supported by NVidia 3D vision. The same for rift. There are a lot of users of Condor soaring simulator http://www.condorsoaring.com which are interested in Oculus rift DK2, but it is impossible to use rift with this amazing sim. Here is for illustration one video

It would be really big step for our glider pilots comunity to use Condor vith Rift especially the new in 3d with vorpx driver. I am using now too upgraded Rift DK 1 with RiftUp upgrade and it is really good.
    Please help all with DX7 games! I cannot understand why 8y old nice 3d compatible games are not running in 3d with new drivers. This is problem for a lot of people and you will be really hero when you can do it. Thanks a lot!
    Peter – Hornet

Hornet
    Participant

Hi, Ralf,
    please can you help, ev. search infos about the possibility to run DX7 games with VORPX on Rift ? There are a lot of users of Condor soaring simulator http://www.condorsoaring.com which are interested in Oculus rift DK2, but it is impossible to use rift with this amazing sim.

It would be really big step for our glider pilots comunity to use Condor vith Rift especially the new in 3d with vorpx driver.
    Please help all with DX7 games! I cannot understand why 8y old nice 3d compatible games are not running in 3d with new drivers. This is problem for a lot of people and you will be really hero when you can do it. Thanks a lot! Please, please !
    Thanks a lot Peter – Hornet

RJK_
    Participant

One of my dreams is vorpX supporting older DX titles like DX5,6,7.

I am running some old DX 6 software on 3D Vision and would love to have that on the vive.

Some very unique software has been written for DX6,7,8, especially some artist software , no other newer software has reached that level of Art again.

You would do us (and probably yourself) a great favor in making these old titles work with VorpX.

PS: As mentioned in an email ( sadly no answer ) i can support you with games, you just need to ask for them.

RJ

Ralf
    Keymaster

While that probably isn’t fully what you hope for, vorpX will be able to show most pre DX9 games in the headset using the dgVoodoo2 wrapper with the next version.

Huge caveat: no stereo 3D yet! I’m unsure, whether that will be possible at all, but it will looked into when there is a bit more time.

RJK_
    Participant

Very nice to hear that youre working on it.

With 3D Vision, Dgvoodoo works just fine ;-)

Hornet
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Can you test popular Condor soaring simulator (gliders simulator) with it (DX7)?
    i can send you files. Is the 3D stereo definitively out with this games?

Authors of this sim are making new version V2 in DX11. I tested it but have not succsess in immersion mode, too 3d was only slightly visible, resolution low…can you help me with this title? The engine is original from authors of this masterpiece of software. Thanks
    Peter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!