DirectScan interfered with by d3dx9_42.dll Memory Fix. Any workaround?

Homepage Forums Technical Support DirectScan interfered with by d3dx9_42.dll Memory Fix. Any workaround?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Morderath
    Participant

Title says it all.

This is the only way I get proper memory behavior with mods/HD texture packs. Otherwise I CTD. If I remove d3dx9_42 I get DirectScan back (Success).

Any workaround to force DirectScan to hook?

Thanks

Morderath
    Participant

Game is Skyrim, shit. No way to edit title. Woops!

Morderath
    Participant

Error message:

WRN: vorpScan: Rotation scan failed. Possible values found: 0

in log

AndyW
    Participant

Best workaround would be to lose the d3dx9_42.dll and install SKSE, which includes the same functionality and, to the best of my knowledge, doesn’t conflict with VorpX.

If you’re already using SKSE then just make sure you have

[Memory]
    DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
    ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

in the SKSE ini file (in your Skyrim data -> SKSE folder).

Karlor
    Participant

install SKSE, which includes the same functionality

That would get the game to fire but you wont have the benefits from the ENBoost. The SKSE patch and ENBoost don’t do the same things. To get the maximum potential you need to run both. If you’re modded out the wazoo you need both to get Skyrim to run without CTD.

No one else runs both patches and tried to do a scan?

I don’t use Direct VR but I’m just surprised no one else has mentioned this before. These patches I figured most people would be running at this point so to hear now there may be a hiccup is just surprising is all. In my book both are mandatory, at least on a medium to heavily modded game.

Something about the scan must be reading into the memory values that get changed by the patch or something is my guess. Hope someone can find a work around for you.

prinyo
    Participant

I’m not sure how d3dx9_42 is related to ENB Boost. I see d3d9.dll in the Wrapper version, but not d3dx9_42.dll.

You can run ENB Boost – Injector version with no problems. I have been running it with VorpX for months now with no problems. It also doesn’t interfere with the DirectVR scan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!