DirectVR Failed

Homepage Forums Technical Support DirectVR Failed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joshallen2k
    Participant

Hi all – I am trying to use VorpX with GTA V for the first time. While the game is loading, I see the “Vorpx” watermark at the bottom of the screen, and I can see ot through my HTC Vive headset.

I see in faint red text at the lower part of the screen saying “Direct VR failed. FOV unchanged”.

The game seems really zoomed in and not really playable.

Settings do I need to change? I googled Vorpx settings for GTA V and see lots of conflicting setups.

Thanks!
    J

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that your GTA V is updated to the latest version, it also might make sense to disable/uninstall any other virus scanner than Windows Defender. Some invasive av scanners may prevent Direct VR from working.

And just in case: make sure to not use an “unofficial” version of the game.

You can also always play any game without Direct VR. vorpX provides quite a few ways to deal with FOV issues. To get started, please check the “Essential Hints Guide” and the “1-2-3 Game Setup” in the vorpX help.

skubi007
    Participant

@Ralf please help me. For me is synonymous with GTA V Direct VR failed. FOV unchanged. At Fallout 4, everything works. What can I do, GTA V is my favorite game, you would make me very happy. Have the official CD Key version. Everything flat no depth and on the minimap you can see a camera.

“>picture

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check this post for FOV instructions/workarounds with the latest GTA V version.

skubi007
    Participant

@Ralf Is it normal for GTA V currently showing Direct VR failed.FOV unchanged?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check the post I linked above. It’s about exactly this issue, which was introduced by the latest GTA V update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!