DirectVR game list and question

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion DirectVR game list and question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tig3rmast3r
    Participant

Hi Ralf, is there a list for directVR enabled games ?

Also, directVR means i can use G3D with low to none artifacts ?

And what about vive wands/oculus touch ? directvr means hands tracking too ?

thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

DirectVR is a collection of multiple features that help to make games a better experience when you play them on the headset, it is not linked to the kind of stereo 3D that is available for a game. It can take care of resolution, FOV, settings-tweaks and head tracking. Which of these four potential DirectVR options are available varies from game to game.

Oculus Touch/Vive wands work with almost every game, that is unrelated to DirectVR. You can use the VR controllers to either emulate mouse and keyboard (freely configurable) or a gamepad.

Games that have all four potential DirectVR features are for example the ones below, a lot more have support for at least one of the potential DirectVR features.

Skyrim (original DX9 version is usually the better choice)
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas
    Fallout 4
    Portal
    Portal 2
    Far Cry 3
    Far Cry 4
    Far Cry Primal
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Mirror’s Edge
    Bioshock (DX9)
    Bioshock 2 (DX9)
    Bioshock Infinite
    Borderlands 2
    Borderlands Pre-Sequel
    Dishonored
    Deus Ex Human Revolutions
    Black Mesa Source
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2 Episode 1
    Half-Life 2 Episode 2
    Aliens Colonial Marines
    Dear Esther (Source engine version)
    The Stanley Parable

tig3rmast3r
    Participant

thanks, it looks it’s worth giving vorpx another try after this direct vr implementation, i’ve found the revised good old spreadsheet too, don’t know if it’s fully updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17I07-RpOsVpc1XzswJ4zobAisT0ouoONXeNwGDjqDI0/edit#gid=0

needless to say that an official and constantly updated detailed game list with currently available features would be really appreciated :)

about vive wands what i meant is to have gun aiming detached from head view, there is no such feature on vorpx direct vr enabled games ?

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

No there is no such feature and it wouldn’t be possible without a native modification to the games, so this is out of the scope of Vorpx.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!