DirectVR Geometry issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support DirectVR Geometry issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yohaskan
    Participant

As in game (COTW), with the new DirectVR mode I look to see if I really saw the 3D stereo reconstruction (geometry) to be active.
    In the headset, it did not seem conclusive, but I was able to do a screenshoot to confirm the problem.

After launching SteamVR Mirror Mode, you can take Screenshots with the S key (if the window is in the foreground)
    Here are the results, and we can see that there is in fact only the HUD interface of the game and Vorpx which is in 3D Stereo, for the rest of the game there is no perspective distortion due to paralaxe.
    Screenshoot COTW no geometry with DirectVR

Is it a bug of a function not taken into account, or the impossibility of having real 3D geometry for this game?

(another screenshoot with HUD setting)
    HUD Setting vorpx

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like you have EdgePeek enabled in the screenshots. The profile may be set to 3D only being active without EdgePeek. Without EdgePeek enabled the game is supposed to have Geometry 3D.

Also please reset the profile to its default settings in the config app to make sure everything is dialed in as it is supposed be.

Yohaskan
    Participant

No, it’s in game mode. Just with background “ambiance”
    the steamVR mirror mode just add some filter mask on these screenshoot, but don’t change anything to the geometry construction of the game.
    i have these one too in the same repertory screenshoot’s

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please reset the profile to its default values in the config app as suggested above to make sure everything is dialed in as it should be. Just checked the game for you and G3D is working fine here.

Just in case (not implying anything): also make sure that you use the official Steam version of the game, not some ‘other’ copy, which may not be the current version and thus not work correctly.

Yohaskan
    Participant

After a reset profil; same problem for geometry
    and DirectVR auto scan (alt-L) always crash or fail

(Of course, i have the official Steam version)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether this also happens for you in the start area when you start a new game. Unlikely, but maybe it’s something location dependent.

Can’t suggest anything else since your issue can’t be replicated, sorry. G3D as well as the scan are working perfectly fine here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!