Dirt 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    maxpower
    Participant

has anyone managed to get dirt 3 to work ? for me it simply won’t start as a double image vorpx seems to completly ignore it. I already tried creating a shortcut, deleted it from vorpx ignore list, and apllied the optimization settings, but it just starts up as a normal 1080p window (!?) anyone having more success?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you try to the Game Optimizer Setting for Dirt 3?

It switches the game to DirectX 9. This might be required, and is the preferred mode anyway since it supports Geometry 3D. If applying the setting automatically fails for whatever reason, googling for “dirt 3 dx9” will yield a few tutorials how to do this manually.

It should work this way, tested it a few days ago.

maxpower
    Participant

hi, yes i tried the game optimizer settings but it didn’t help.But I reinstalled it and now it does start. however now there is a new problem as i can’t get headtracking to work:
    the first time i started it the camera looked constantly to the right. after some restarts and trying to fiddle with the ingame options the camera issue disappeared but the headtracking only worked with a very big deadzone, so the view was centered on the steering wheel and only when i turned my head more than a certain degree the picture did move. i tried reducing that by raising the deadzone correction.
    Since i did that head tracking doesn’t work at all anymore only head roll works.
    I changed back everything to its original values and resetted the dirt 3 profile in vorpx. but it didn’t change anything, headtracking doesn’t work now. here is an image of the settings of the input page if that helps.
    any ideas ?

maxpower
    Participant
    Ralf
    Keymaster

This screenshot looks odd (no soft fading borders from the circular vignette). Please do a factory reset in the vorpX config app. Do not change the vignette scaling afterwards for the DK2, only select the lenses you are using.

Please also check whether there is a d3d9.dll in your Dirt 3 folder, and remove it in case there is one. That probably isn’t the issue, but just in case.

Your best bet for proper head tracking in Dirt 3 is using an external tool like OpenTrack, which can emulate TrackIR input. Emulating a gamepad with vorpX works to some degree, but is far from perfect. OpenTrack might not have been updated for DK2 yet, but I’m not sure of that.

tonyvn
    Participant

Thanks for this,

I’ve used opentrack and it works well. I am also playing Dirt 3 just fine now after a delete of the local game files (manually) and having steam redo the download.

I’ve done no optimization for DX9 manually (via the xml edit) or otherwise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!